UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Playstation Network (PSN) Discussion

neolego

Well, I joined the PS3 crowd pretty late. I didn't pick my PS3 up until late in the year last year. I've been a huge Xbox fan since the 360 launched (not that that probably suprises anyone) and love the digital distribution of both systems. I've also been a huge advocate for the future of Digital Distribution.....but that's for another thread.

Anway, to the point, I got $40 in both MS Points and PSN credit for Christmas. I'm almost out of points on the Xbox picking up Mass Effect DLC, a few Arcade games, some Avatar clothing, etc. However, I haven't spent 1 dime on the PSN. So, am I'm trying to research the best of best on the PSN I thought it may be fun to start up a discussion on what is available and what everyone enjoys.

To start off, I'll say that my short list right now includes:

-PixelJunk Monster

-PixelJunk Shooter

-Final Fantasy VII

And that's about it. Most of the top selling games they have on the home page I own on the 360 so I guess I'm more drawn to PSN exclusives and things like that. They also don't have hardly any games on demand like LIVE has. So, how do the PS3 owners out there feel about the PSN and what are some of the, maybe, hidden gems or must have titles. Let the discussion begin. neo

I've enjoyed Trine and Braid (non-exclusive) and Pain can be fun for a laugh every now and then, though it gets old after a while.

I've heard good things about Flower, though I haven't played it myself.

As far as PS1 games, they've got FF7, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill that all have been good nostalgia.

I've also heard incredible things about flower!

I wish you could try demos on PSN. It's retarded. :angry:

Back on topic, We have "Ratchet & Clank: Search for Booty" & "Fat Princess."

R&C is short, so I won't suggest it unless you're hardcore into R&C (Crack in time is AWESOME!!!) but Fat Princess was one of the reasons I bought a PS3. It's hilarious!! My only problem with it is that it came out long before I bought a PS3 so everyone else is considerably better than me. :(

That said, if you've got money kicking around it's a good buy. ;)