UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Missing Pieces

(I couldn't see a simular topic but apologise if I have duplicated one)

I stand my minimates a top my book shelf in my room, and it's right next to the chest of draws my TV and Wii sit on. Occasionally I'd come home from work and find my mates scattered - turns out my cats LOVE jumping up there to get behind my TV. Last week I came home after work to find my mates had gone EVERYWHERE - all over my book shelf and floor. I picked them up and put them back but didn't bother to stand them up.

Yesterday I was looking over the pile and noticed my Lex mate was missing his right gauntlet/glove. To my horror I searched my room as best as possible before work but to no luck. I had another look after work but still couldn't find anything. To compromise for the time being, I've replaced his hands with the hands from a spare Demitri minimate (only time I've ever loved having dupes) and will proceed to hunt the hand down in the coming week. Till then, I have a one of a kind Lex mate.

I was wondering if others have had the same problem as me and if so what they did about it - have you replaced the missing part(s) with a spare part from a dupe, put the minimate away etc.

Edited by Caracal

Sorry to hear about that, Caracal. :( I hope you can find the missing piece(s) soon!

I keep my bedroom door shut at all times to keep my cats out, and position my Minimates as close to the center of the shelf I keep them on, to minimize chances of them falling off.

Thanks. I'm planning to search high and low this weekend.

I've toyed with doing this when they first started jumping on my book shelf, but I know they'd scratch up the carpet outside my door and generally throw a hissy fit until they get what they want.

I have a dog. He has no interest in Minimates whatsoever.

Seriously though, I rarely loose parts because I have wall mounted cases with glass covers. I do mix and match parts all the time though trying to make the best mate possible. If I did loose something I would surely try to swap parts around to fix it.

I've had my 'mates domino off of my shelves so many times Caracal, so I share your pain. Losing bits of minimates drives me up the bloody wall! :D I was convinced I'd lost the kryptonite rock that comes with Lex and about 9 months later it turned up. It'd slipped between the shelves of the bookcase I was using as a display and had come to rest behind a row of tpb's.

Just be methodical when you search for it. Clear the area around the where your 'mates are as best you can and then move everything (I mean everything) away from it. You will find that missing piece.

I was convinced I'd lost the kryptonite rock that comes with Lex and about 9 months later it turned up. It'd slipped between the shelves of the bookcase I was using as a display and had come to rest behind a row of tpb's.

Something very simular happened a few years ago. I knocked my Raft Sentry Variant off my shelf, he fell down, hit an ornimental katana (I think) set I had and his left leg snapped off. No matter where I looked, I couldn't see it. Nine or so months later I'm re-arranging my books and I come across the leg. By then I had bought a replacement and I didn't really have the tools to fix it, though I've kept it all for spare parts. Tomorrow I'm planning to search through he book shelf to see what I find. If nothing else, it needs re-arranging :D.

Just be methodical when you search for it. Clear the area around the where your 'mates are as best you can and then move everything (I mean everything) away from it. You will find that missing piece.

Thanks for the tip :)