UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

FINALLY.....I beat GOW

The_Donster

I beat Gears of War and finally killed the bad guy :lol: As some of you know I've been trying to beat this game since I finally got to the end with no success and gave up some time ago. Mainly because no matter what I tried, I couldn't beat the game, no matter what I did. Thanks to some success with GOW 2 and a renewed interest thanks to the awesome figures I decided to play it again and found myself back in that frustrated frame of mind. Anyway, I can't say if it was the flu that I had or just being in a zen trance, but I smoked RAAM with the railgun :D Of course now I'm going to restart the game and see if I can do it in the next level before tackling GOW 2 in the insane mode. Much appreciation for those who tried to help in the past and rest assured, I do plan on being online in the next 6 months :P

Edited by The_Donster

Nice one Don. I remember talking with you before about Raam. He was a b***h the first time I beat him too. I'm yet to start GoW2 on insane, but look forward to it.

WOW, thanks gang. I was thinking with as many views as the thread had, I would have more hits :lol: But thanks for the well wishes, the question I have is can I do it again on the next level. Something I do appreciate between the 2 games is the amount of work they put into updating GOW2 and yes, RAAM was a bitch. I'm hoping we see his figure down the line, maybe a 2 pack with Lt. Kim :unsure: Due to a sweet trade, I now have the Delta set to go with my SDCC Carmine. Now all I have to do is get some bad guys. Back to the game, it was definitely very satisfying getting this game under my belt. Of all of the games I had, it was one I put away before because of it's frustrating ending. Thankfully it's all over and I'm jonesing to see the direction they take the 3rd installement. I wouldn't mind them doing a prequel down the line to explain what Fenix did for his father and how he ended up in jail. Not to mention some of the things that the Queen alluded to.

Holy CRAP!! I was doing a search for GOW figures and found they are in fact making a RAAM/Kim 2 pack :thumbsup: Wow, I am loving this line so far. I still need to get some baddies, but this just further motivates me to do so :D

I have the Locust splatter head figure, but none others. I've wanted more for a while. I especially want Delta Squad, but I can't justify £25 atm.

SD, I have the Delta Squad and Carmine from last years SDCC. My area didn't get hit too heavy with the 2nd wave and I missed out on wave 1's locust. So I've put them on my list in the Want/Have List. Dan, I know what you mean, I got lucky through that trade, but have seen it at a local TRU a week or so ago. I'm going to double check and make sure my paint applications are ok, in case I have to exchange them. Does anyone know which Fenix is in the Delta pack, wave 1 or 2? I need to find out before all of the wave 2's disappear here.

I'm assuming at this point everyone who wanted to play GOW2 have, right? I think another cool custom or boxed set would be the "death of the worm". I've included a video link and might pick up another set to do this down the line. Does anyone know how hard this would be to accomplish? I know some of the folks do customs outside of Minimates and was curious?

I'll check that out when I get a chance. I sent him a pm in another forum, but haven't heard back. I guess he must just use that to post customs or changes to his forum, I don't know? Appreciate the link though, put it in my favorites.

Here's a nice link for a review Poe Ghostal did on his and Michael Crawford's website Punisher. If you click on the pics, they enlarge to give you a better idea of the detail on these figures. From what I've heard, the second series is the one to get, as it has more articulation than series 1. Hope that helps and good luck finding these, I'm almost ready to get them on eBay, as I can only find the Marcus figure in the stores right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me or in some ways wasn't GOW harder than GOW2? I'm currently in the middle of GOW in the middle setting and I swear you die a whole lot faster :lol: Wow, a Hive 4 pack? That will be pretty sweet and make up for me missing out on these in their initial release. I picked up a masked Theron Guard last weekend and can't wait to display them. Anyone have any suggestions on a nice diorama set to use with the figures?

• 4 weeks later...

According to some auctions on eBay both the Kim and Hive multipacks are hitting next month. I'm kind of hoping I don't have to resort to an auction and can get these locally. Anyone know if they unveiled the mystery figure for wave 3 yet? Also, wouldn't it be better to be releasing more than just Marcus every wave? I'd love to see Tai or someone else on the squad besides him and the COG Soldier, maybe the other Carmine(Rook) figure?