UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

kastillo310's custom minimates

im not sure what tipe of paint it is,but if you go to your nearest micheals store,there is a brand of paint the is called craft paint,they sell it in little tubes and after about 4 coats of paint on your minimate, it will be smooth and you wont see the minimate under neath

post-337-1226454994_thumb.jpg

im not sure what tipe of paint it is,but if you go to your nearest micheals store,there is a brand of paint the is called craft paint,they sell it in little tubes and after about 4 coats of paint on your minimate, it will be smooth and you wont see the minimate under neath

thanks! :biggrin:

I really like your custom choices, The Joker is especially cool.

As for the paint/sculpt "clumpiness," the paint makes a huge difference. I found that the craft store tube paints have a tendency to flake and clump. Sometimes I added a drop of water to the paints to make them coat and dry smoother.

I recommend Citadel Acrylics from Games Workshop, but they are more expensive.

Just remember, when it comes to minimates, smoothness is key.

I look forward to seeing more customs!

quote name='Joe Hill' date='Nov 11 2008, 07:00 PM' post='85993']

I really like your custom choices, The Joker is especially cool.

As for the paint/sculpt "clumpiness," the paint makes a huge difference. I found that the craft store tube paints have a tendency to flake and clump. Sometimes I added a drop of water to the paints to make them coat and dry smoother.

I recommend Citadel Acrylics from Games Workshop, but they are more expensive.

Just remember, when it comes to minimates, smoothness is key.

I look forward to seeing more customs!

Thank you

• 3 months later...

Nice customs, Kastillo.

As for the support and questions, there is a nice thread where the "pros" and "semi-pros" and maybe even the "soon-to-be-semi-pros" (like me) are giving advises and suggestions on a variety of questions and problems. And, in case you haven't visited the ultimate recource and guide to minimate customizing yet, you should go to luke314pi's Minimate Factory without hesitation. And I recommand to browse through the other fellow 'versers' custom threads for inspiration and pure admiration. There are some outstanding mates!

By the way, welcome on board! ;)

thanks Bob Harris..............well I saw shamrock's dr.manhattan and thought it was cool so i tried doing my own dr.manhattan i hope he does not mind that I used his idea..........the translusent one just wasn't working for me

post-2703-1237077337_thumb.jpg

Edited by kastillo310