UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

King Arthur Minifigure (Mega Bloks/Mega Brands)

Customizer

I came across these recently and while ive been aware of them for some time i hadnt seen them in person before.

I think Mega Bloks may have rounded the learning curve with this line. I had previously been a fan of the Pyrates line but not enough to purchase them at regular retail. The stumpy limbs didnt do it for me in comparison to Minimates.

I dont know if its the fact that this line has armor or if its different sculptors but the scale seems to be much more appropriate for armored knights. TO top it off the mini figs have an arm moving gimmick ala action attack with star wars or action features in the gi joe line BUT...BUT...it actually LOOKS good and doesnt detract from the figure itself i.e. if you choose not to use the gimmick the figure looks just fine (unlike a Hasbro's GI Joe Duke character that has had many butt plugs / action switches with different incarnations).

No they arent Minimates but they have a charm all their own that, IMO, takes them a step beyond Pyrates.

Monty Python skits anyone?

P.S.

I cant help but wonder why the Mega Bloks Spiderman mini figures look so bad when these look so good?

Edited by Customizer