UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Countdown and Final Crisis

Jatta Pake

I think "The Death of the New Gods" was more of the end of fourth world. (Which just wrapped up a month or two ago).

This is where we have to disagree though Jatta...

Sure, Fourth World was never written well by anyone other than JAck Kirby (Which is why they called DOTNG a "mercy kill").

BUT there were LOTS of great characters.

-Darkseid is the coolest baddie out there, hands down. Marvel, DC... It makes no difference, he's the best at being the worst.

-Orion was also a great good guy. Essentially DC's "god of war" he was Darkseid's son who was traded for "peace" between New Genesis and Apokolips. Fort those who watched the cartoon he appeared in about a dozen episodes, including one of my favorites, "Flash and Substance."

-Mister Miracle, the universes greatest escape artist. ... Wait, he's a god and THAT'S his power? Priceless. (The baby High Father traded for Orion)

-Big Barda. Wonder Woman, only hotter. Is that possible? Check out a story with Barda (Like Superman/Batman: Supergirl) and you'll see. :thumbsup:

There were others like Kalibak or even GRanny Goodness if scary as hell babysitters are your thing, but those 4 in particular.

Oh well... At least

Lightray

died. :tongue:

• 2 weeks later...

So Final Crisis has been out for a week.

I thought I'd do a quick summary here.

Once again, issue 2 "sets the stage" for what's coming. In the words of my brother:

"It seems to spend too much time on things that aren't important."

Who are we to judge though? Maybe a caveboy is going to be the main character.

The Injustice Society argues some more, with Lex trying to lead his own group. Vandal Savage (an immortal) turns him down saying he's bored and anyone offering him some entertainment will have his loyalty (He appeared in issue 1 as a caveman... Yep, he's old).

Final Crisis #2 Review

Overall Rating: C-

Final Crisis is the current summer event from publisher DC Comics, and the second issue of the installment improves a bit over Issue 1. But not by much.

Issue 2 is called "Ticket to Bludhaven" and the format of the story jumps from location to location similar to Issue 1 but it does so with fewer story lines and a bit more focus. Most readers unfamiliar with DC comics will struggle to follow exactly what is happening, and I suspect Final Crisis is more for devoted DC fans "in-the-know" rather than casual readers.

Thankfully, the terrible cliches from Issue 1 are gone, and we are instead treated to a confusing stew of conversations between a wide range of characters in various settings. Superman, Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern are focal points of the story making the subject matter a bit more interesting.

The story opens in

Japan at an ultrahip nightclub. Various young Japanese are dressed up in super-hero costumes and it's not immediately clear if they are heroes or not. A TV behind the bar shows an interview with an older Japanese man who complains that the current crop of young heroes are not selfless do-gooders like those of yesteryear. A fight breaks out after one costumed hero challenges another, but ends quickly as the challenger has his heart ripped from his chest in put in a glass of water. This is a great scene and one of the issue's great moments. Before the scene ends, a black man in a fadora calling himself Mister Miracle arrives and asks the winner of the fight to join his resistance against the forces of evil

I am familiar enough with the universe of DC stories to know that a large range of stories are being presented here, and it will undoubtedly thrill those who are familiar with those DC stories.

Clearly, the whole Japanese angle is a reference to DC's popular Kingdom Come. What is nice about the pacing of this scene is that it does not require knowledge of obscure references to draw the reader in. You are interested in knowing who this guy is who can rip out a heart and put it in a glass of water.

The next scene moves to

the mohawk guy who we find working at a burger joint. Short dialogue seems to hint that he is a guy out of place and time. He references a dream and we are left to wonder if he is the Monitor from Issue 1 who got cooked for not protecting the earth in the jar. All in all a worthless scene, but burger-boy does some cool sketches of superheroes as he struggles with his thoughts.

Next we move to a scene where the issue hits a low point in my opinion.

We are watching detective "muk muk" beat up a small man in a green suit. Blood is all over the apartment and the small man is nothing but a bloody pulp. The detective is asking about the missing children. (Wasn't he shown the freaky Children of the Corn in issue 1?). We can see the detective's thoughts which are presented as notes in a notebook in each panel, and his thoughts aren't pleasant. In fact, they are disgusting. Like put down the issue and stop reading disgusting.

At one point the detective thinks "Who knew the sound of breath whisting through smashed cartilage could be such a turn-on?" A turn-on? Yikes. The scene pulls back from this brink a bit by showing the detective questioning his own thinking and saying "What's wrong with me?". Indeed. The green pulp guy tells him he already found the children but got mind wiped. Pulpy tells the detective to go to Bludhaven to find the children (again).

A quick scene on Mars with Superman reading Martian Manhunter's eulogy and we are back to a conference table with the villians and Libra. But this time we are in a strip club!

They must have read my review of Issue 1!

More useless banter follows with Libra showing off Manhunter's death as proof that he can grant people's wishes. Lex Luthor isn't buying it though but doesn't seem to be getting much traction recruiting other villians to oppose Libra either. The scene ends with Libra cryptically telling the Human Flame to prepare to repay the debt for killing Martian Manhunter.

We shift next to

the Orion crime scene investigation by the Justice League and the Green Lanterns at the Hall of Justice. This is another weak part of the story, as a female Alpha Lantern, Kraken, appears who we are told is Hal Jordan's boss. She is critical of the Hal Jordan, Superman, Batman, WonderWoman, and pretty much all of Earth and insults everyone. She asserts her authority over the "investigation" and ruffles Batman. Back at the crime scene, John Stewart finds the bullet used to kill Orion but is immediately set upon by another Green Lantern. Hal Jordan is later arrested in his sleep by Kraken and other Lanterns for the murder of John Stewart and Orion. And later Batman confronts Kraken and she flips out and takes him prisoner confirming that she is a bad guy.

Next we are back with

detective "muk muk" who meets with Rev. Al Sharpton from Issue 1. They are in Bludhaven and they walk into a freaky laboratory where Kraken is making animal people. (They look like Charity-mates!). Batman is locked in a massive box with needles of green fluid going into his brain. He tells detective "muk muk" to warn the Justice League before passing out.

We next jump to

the Daily Planet where a conversation is going on between Clark Kent, Louis Lane, Jimmy Olson and their boss. Jimmy Olson leaves with some important data on a disk as Clark realizes Jimmy isn't the real Jimmy. We see Jimmy turn into Clayface as the elevator door closes. Then the Daily Planet blowes up and Superman is looking at Lois Lane under a pile of rubble.

Finally, we shift to

Flash and Golden Age Flash investigating the villians strip club from an earlier scene. They find the chair from Issue 1 and decide they are on to something. A very clever theory is revealed here about how Orion is killed. Flash believes the bullet found by John Stewart was a reverse-time bullet. Basically, it went from concrete to Orion to the shooter's gun in a bizarre time travel sniper twist.

This was my favorite part of the story.

The final scene has

a third Flash jumping out of a the chair telling the other Flashes to "Run!". He is being chased by a spear wielding robot and a spore inside an enclosed glass beaker.

This issue feels less disjointed and certainly lacks all of the corny cliches of Issue 1. Some of the concepts are inventive and worth exploring (

like the reverse-time bullet

) while others are just plain disturbing (

dective muk muk's being turned on by broken noses

).

We get a bit more reason to care about this Final Crisis (

we are told Evil Won

), but not a lot. DC is really going to need to amp up the story these next few issues if they are going to make Final Crisis worth reading.

Oops! I started my review then got busy.

Thanks Jatta for catching the ball.

I pretty much agree with everything you said.

I DO however have some knowledge that might clear up some lingering questions:

The burger guy IS the monitor from issue 1 who got "evicted" from God-ness.

The guy Turpin is beating to death is Mad-Hatter a great Batman villain. (Read Villains United & Secret Six:Six Degrees of Devastation for more on him). It's important to note that Turpin is no longer "in control" This is an effect of the Anti-Life equation. Just like Darkseid "tested" it on the kids in issue 1, he is going to unleash it on the entire Earth to recreat Apokolips. For those of you who don't know, Apokolips is essentially "Hell Planet."

Alright, now for Green Lanterns. Kraken and the others with her (Boodika & Green man) are Alpha Lanterns, meaning they're the highest ranking lanterns. It's important to note Kraken is not "evil." She, like Turpin is under the influence of the anti-life equation. It hasn't been revealed yet if the other lanterns with her are contaminated yet.

This brings up the scene where John is at the crime scene where Orion was killed. This is one of the worst laid out spreads I've ever seen and is EXTREMELY confusing.

I still don't quite know what happened. I THINK another GL showed up, talked with him a bit then went onto other business. Then, John was attacked and he tried to go back and help when he heard the comotion. It looks though, like he attacked John.

I understand they were trying to make the identity of John's attacker mysterious, but instead they made a mess.

Important note: John is not dead.

Finally, I for one had gotten used to the fact that

Barry Allen was dead. But, I don`t run DC, so we`ll see how this goes. The guy chasing Flash is the Black Racer. He is one of Darkseid`s goons and essentially acts as death, collecting souls.

Run Flash!!!

To be honest, I didn`t expect this issue to reinvent the wheel... Nor do I expect issue 3 to do so. I`m holding my breath for issue 4. ;)

Nestle - I knew

the green pulpy guy was Mad Hatter but he wasn't identified in the issue so I didn't identify him in my review. Yes, he's a very C-list Batman villian and I don't think the casual reader would know who he is or what his power was (mind control). Not even sure his identity is even germaine to the story as almost any villian could have filled this scene.

The whole

anti-life equation thing

is a little bit frustrating. It hasn't even been explained as to what it is in the series. And I don't recall it even being mentioned in this issue. How does it work? What does it do, exactly?

Perhaps that is the big reveal later on.

Strangely, reviews like yours have explained the story better than the story itself. For instance,

Turpin is supposed to be turning into Darkseid

. I did not pick up on that at all.

Edited by Jatta Pake

Ooh... Sorry about that.

I picked up on it thanks to the revenrend saying

"Your sons Kalibak & something-or-other are ready to be resurrected."

For folks in the "know" Kalibak, is one of the sons of Darkseid. All brawn, no brain.

The

anti-life equation

is a bit elusive. My understanding of it is that it gives it's owner the ability to "recreate realtiy." Of course,

Darkseid would chose to make it recreate his world first.

I am, however not certain on this. In the last episode of the JLU cartoon (Which was AWESOME for thsoe who haven't watched it)

Luthor & Darkseid seem to "get" the anti-life equation, which, by my definition would mean they win.

In comics, Darkseid only learned the anti life equation near the end of countdown, after searching for it his entire god-life.

I'm reading Secret Invasion, as much as i can afford to. Moving put a crimp on the old 30 dollar a week habit. ha, I used to look forward to wendsdays....

I read issue one of Final Crisis, and thought it was

horrible.

Just my two cents. Maybe the story will even out over ALL of those tie ins, but

killing MM was lame. That guy JUST got a new costume. And the human flame kills him? weak.

Secret Invasion is decent...

I know the queen is lying to TS though...too bad. That would have wrapped things up like a present for Christmas.

MI-13 took a turn for the worse with issue two, I thought.

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I'm jumping in here with 3 new Final Crisis Comics:

Here goes:

Final Crisis: Requiem.

Not a required read. Essentially it just goes back and tells a more in depth version of how

Martian Manhunter

died. And, as it turns out, Libra stabbed him A LOT. It does a lot better job showing it than FC#1, but like I said, "Hardcores only."

Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge #1

I said before I wished FC was written by Geoff Johns... And this is why. Geoff writes the rogues wonderfully and I am stoked to hear he'll be writing Flash after FC is done. Essentially, the story is:

The rogues didn't mean to kill Bart but were hunted like dogs for it. Now, Libra kills J'onn and only gets praise from the baddies of DC. Captain cold says: "The only reason why the rogues lasted so long was because we followed and un spoken rule: Never kill a Speedster. Anyways, the find out Inertia has escaped his prison, and since they blam him for Bart's death decide to get revenge against him before they retire from the super villain business. Cold's finishing line? Priceless. "I say we break our unspoken rule one last time."

Okay, so the comic is "edge of your seat" yet, but it sure looks like it will be. If you're reading DC, read this book. :D

Final Crisis #3

Last month I said I didn't expect much from FC#3, that my hopes would lie in #4. Essentially, my assumptions proved true as #3 was just leading into something "bigger."

But OMG! Seriously Oh-eM-Gee!

How do you "remove Batman from play?

Crucify him.

How do you remove Superman from play?

Put Lois on her deathbed.

Both "meh."

How do you remove Wonder Woman from play?!?! MAJOR SPOILER:

How 'bout you turn her into one of the Female Furies!?!?!

F-ing awesome!

Okay, back to the review.

-Shade (a Super hero specializing police group kicks in doors and stuff and brings Question (Montoya) into the agency.

-Monitor-boy gets fired from his burger job.

-Jay can't run as fast as Barry and Wally so he "falls out" of the timestream chasing the bullet and lands in the present.

-Human Flame gets a helmet put on his head that brainwashes him with the antilife equation. Also, Lex tries to mutiny against Libra for control of the Injustice Gang.

-A monitor appears to Clark (Superman) and tells him she can save Lois but he has to come with her and leave Earth immediately.

-The Alpha Lanterns take Hal back to Oa for his trial (foir killing Orion and injuring John Stewart)

-Alan Scott (the original GL) and Wonder Woman enforce article X which is a Superhero draft to create an army to stop Darkseid.

-The SuperYoung Team saves Mister Miracle & Sonny Sumo from people brainswashed by Àntilife equation helmets.

-Wonder Woman goes to Bludhaven where she is attacked by a freaky looking Mary Marvel. (I actually liked the one from Coundown more... Maybe it`s the weird pigtails...)

-Mary infects Wonder Woman with some toxin just as the anti life equation is relased upon the entire earth through a virus accross the internet.

-Barry & Wally emerge from the timestream a few weeks in the future only to be confronted by the new female furies who look to be Wonder Woman (sporting an ugly-as-hell-pigs-face), Catwoman, Giganta & Batwoman.

So, still not the best book on the shelf... But the next one could be!!!! :D

This just sounds awful.... Talk about a mishmash of gobbledigook.

I will probably wait til this is collected before deciding if it's worth it, honestly it sounds far too all over the place to read intermittently.

T.

I don't know Tim, like I said, It's not my favorite book, but it's definetly getting better.

That being said, it's not THAT all over the place, now is it? Everything falls into one of three themes:

Libra "removing heroes from play" for Darkseid: Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Martian MAnhunter ect.

The heroes gathering an army: Super Young Team, Mister Miracle & Sammy Sumo, Article X, ect.

Darkseid slowly "unleashing" the anti life equation on earth: Danny Turpin & the missing kids, The brainwashing helmets, putting it accross the internet, Infecting Wonder Woman, ect.

... OKay, maybe not the guy getting fired from the burger joint. :P

But don't worry, stick with us on this thread and we'll tell you if it's worth your time or not.

One more thing about this comic that I REALLY DO LIKE ia that I go back and read each issue a 2nd time and find a lot more than I saw the first time. There's lots hidden there. That's probably why the released a new version of issue 1 this week "revealing" all the secrets hidden in the pages, which I might still pick up.

Issue 3 had lots of these too. One was that the

mummified

guy

Shade

stumbles accross at the beginning was

Darkseid's old body.

Another especially exciting one was that the new

female furies

were all

resurrected versions of the old ones: Batwoman was Mad Harriet, Catwoman/ Lashina & Giganta/ Stompa.

You can tell by the way they carry themselves, what weapons they're carrying & their costumes.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry everybody.

I know it's been awhile since I updated this, but I've been pretty busy.

That being said I thought I would jump in here and post on two stories you NEED to be reading.

Okay, they're actually optional, but as the two BEST stories to come out of Final Crisis... You get my point.

First is obviously Final Crisis: Rogues Revenge #2.

Geoff Johns continues to show that he is the only person who's EVER had an awesome grasp on how to write the rogues. Each of the characters

(minus Trickster who's mostly just tagging along)

are intricatly captured in a very deep and emotional story of what it's like to be badass.

Okay, mostly it follows Captain Cold. They say that's because in recent years he's kind of become the leader of the group (after he beat up the Top and put Heat wave in his place).

Still, Geoff does not disappoint.

Second, and perhaps MORE intriguing than RW is:

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds.

Okay, so let me answer your first question:

"Why the hell would I read a story about the Legion of Superheroes?"

You don't need to know much about them to jump in on this story. Or even Superboy Prime for that matter. Issue 1 walks you through EVERYTHING you need to know and still has time for loads of action. Geoff has stated that this book would be an encyclopedia for the future, guiding you through every part of the 31st century... And by how much he covers in #1... I believe him! My brother actually said to me: "He fit a lot in there!"

If any one DOES pick this book up and is still confused at all about any of the characters (which, despite it's large cast I find unlikely) I can answer some questions. I'm no expert of the Legion, but I tried to follow the Zero Hour Legion when I could.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, so some of you might be wondering why I'm not posting.

That is, of course because of DC's continuity.

It is a beautiful/frustrating thing.

"How can it be both?" you ask?

Well last year Civil War screwed up a couple times with things like Black Spiderman.

You'll never see that type of problem with DC because they pay attention to EVERY detail. To an annoying extent.

Issue #3 of Final Crisis ended with Barry & Wally (The Flashes) run 3 weeks into the future.

Time in the DC universe passes at approximately 1/3 our own (Buy 3 comics and a month has passed in DCU).

Thus, they have to wait 9 weeks to release the next issue of FC.

I'll post again next month when I've got something,

So see you then.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I'm back again with finally something to talk about.

This was a good week for final crisis, since the the 2 books I've talked very highly about came out this week.

First up:

Rogue's Revenge #3.

This issue of course, does not disappoint.

The only thing that doesn't make me happy is that it's over.

Issue 3 was the end of the mini series.

I love reading about the Rogues, they're some of the best characters in comics.

With the story they told they could have easily gotten another issue (maybe 2) in there. The finale seemed a bit rushed, but very solid book.

Legion of Three Wolrds #2

Once again I'm impressed. It's hard to believe you're only reading 1 comic. Geoff crams SO MUCH into each issue without feeling wordy. Also very interesting is what he's doing with Green Lanterns in the future. I'm not even gona put 'em in spoiler boxes though, since, if you're going to read it will ruin some of the surprise.

This comic definetly IS the perfect guide to the future of DC. IT ties PERFECTLY into continuity and I love it.

Big thumbs up on both books.

Neither of them are "must reads," but you might regret it if you don't.

• 4 weeks later...

So, if anyone wants to post anything here go for it. I can tell peopl are reading my reviews by the read counter, but I am feeling kind of lonely here. :unsure:

Anyways, here goes:

Final Crisis: Last Will and Testament #1

You want a good story? Get BRad Meltzer to write it. I don't even LIKE GeoForce but this story is great. This book came out a few months ago, but I had missed it. It focuses on GeoForce going to kill Deathstroke before the world ends. Deathstroke was responsible for Terra (Geo's sister) going nuts, trying to kill the titans and dying. It's a revenge book, and a damn good one at that.

Final Crisis: Submit #1

Some of the books coming out are rough around the edges, but I can respect what they're trying to accomplish with them... Not this one. Submit is a straight up WASTE OF MONEY. This is a horrible story leading into Final Crisis 4. To recap, Darkseid now controls the earth adn the anti life equation is turning the world's population into evil zombies. Black Lightning answers a distress call that turns out to be Tatooed Man's (a villain) family. He rescues them and passes on an important electrical signal to Tatoo before getting brainwashed and becoming a zombie himself.

Bo-ring.

Final Crisis #4

FINALLY! So did 3 months of waiting pay off? Depends, how high were your expectations? This book continues to get better and better. Does that make this issue awesome? No, just good. We left off with BArry and Wally jumping into the future where they must fight currupted Wonder Woman, Batwomn, Giganta and Catwoman. The world is controlled by Darkseid, and, well it sucks to be the human race. This issue has the Flashes beat up the women (Famale Furies) and starts to give us a realization of how many heroes are left to fight Darkseid's rule. And there aren't many. Tatooed man shows up at the hall of Justice (remember sucky Submit?) where he is taken in by Oracle, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Ray and some civilians. Essentially there are 8 of these "safe houses" spread out around the world. An army of zombified people break through the defenses and take over the Hall. The survivors decide to use Ray's light powers to work the teleporters but need to leave someone behind to work them. Green Arrow volunteers and sends the others away. He then fights the army but can't bring himself to kill Black Lightning, who beats him and tunrs Arrow into a zombie.

Alright, anybody know who Checkmate is? Didn't think so.

What's cooler than a Superhero or a Superspy?

How about a SuperheroSpy!?! I discovered the awesomeness of Checkmate comics in trade form awhile back at it quickly became a sick fetish for me. I cannot exaggerate how much I love Greg Rucka's writing, full of romance, betrayal, blak Ops, murder, suspense, ect.

It hurts to know that someone took over the book after 2 years and drove it into the ground. (The book is now over).

Of course, when I picked up:

Final Crisis: Resist #1

I had no idea it would follow Checkmate, or that it was written by Greg for that matter. Reading this book makes Submit look even worse. I realize most people could "skip" this book and it not hurt their FC experience... But they shouldn't! I don't know if it would be too complicated for people who haven't read Checkmate in the past, it's highly possible. I'm not sure if I'm trying to sell you guys on this comic or Checkmate as a whole, but regardless... It's good.

The story follows Checkmate trying to stop the "zombie plague"... And failing. Essentially, their base of operations is comprimised and 98% of them are turned into zombies including characters like Fire, The new Judo Master, Rocket Red & Madelmoiselle Marie. OKay, you might not rtecognize a lot of them, but I'll get on with it.

Snapper Carr, Mister Terrific, Thinker and Black King manage to drag Shassa through some bunker doors where they seal themselves in. Essentially they remain locked in a room for a month with the rest of checkmate "zombified" outside. Snapper Carr (a silver age hero) can teleport when he snaps his fingers, so he goes and gets supplies and brings them back. Shassa is in a form of OMAC induced coma since she was infected by the zombies. In an attempt to protect her, her OMAC half has "turned her consciousness off."

Eventually, Snapper Carr runs into Cheetah whom he teleports back to the bunker with him (teleporting more than 1 person is risky which is why doesn't do it). The Anti Life virus is getting worse, however and though he doesn't become a zombie, Carr loses his powers. Finally, in a last ditch effort Mr Terrific decides to "reactive" Shassa to get the activation codes to turn on the remaining OMACs on earth. Doing so, however contiminates her completely with the antilife.

Using the codes brings 11 million OMACs come to the rescue who break the survivors out of the bunker... The be continued in FC #5. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

So Final Crisis #5 came out this week and I picked it up today.

Normally I put off writing a review here for awhile... BUt get this: I'm actually EXCITED to write this review.

Here Goes:

Final Crisis #5

The book opens with the Trial of Hal Jordan. He's about to be executed when Kyle & Guy show up to tell everyone Earth is being sucked into a black hole/Hell and that Kraken is actually possesed but a God of Apokolips. Kraken beats off a bunch of GLs (Since she's an Alpha Lantern she can drain their rings), but Hal jumps on her andpunches her in the face a lot. She is arrested and Guy gives Hal the sit rep about what's Darkseid is doing on Earth and that it's tearing apart reality. Hal replys by saying:

"The I say we go in after him, Guy. You, me, Kyle, anybody else who wants to. And we kick his ass" Salaak gives him back his ring and a Guardian says "Cleared of all charges, you have 24 hours to save the univese lantern Jordan."

How's that for an openning?

The rest of the issue is pretty much the war between THe AntiLife and the survivors.

Mr Terrific and his group attempt to create a diversion at Checkmate so a team of heroes can attack Bludhaven and kill Darkseid. The castle checkmate is falling when Mister Miracle shows up with a plan for the heroes to escape.

Meanwhile the heroes attack Bludhaven... All 18 of them. Seriously? I mean Black Adam & Supergirl are among them, but most of them are B, C or even D grade heroes. Don't get me wrong, My favorite thing about DC is that they use their D Grade characters pomonintly, but there's no way they should be under the impression that this plan is going to work. Anyways, Mary Marvel beats Black Adam & Captain MArvel Junior and the battle continues.

Former-Monitor-Burger-Boy gets thrown in a cell with other people who AntiLife does not work on. It's fairly obvious they know he's a monitor and when he remebers he transforms into a being with glowy blue eyes.

Meanwhile Calculator is being executed for betraying the Injustice Society... Turns out he's taking the fall for Luthor, which Libra may or may not know is a traitor.

Hal and the Corps show up to kick some ass just as Darkseid comes into complete power.

The Earth sinks into the black hole to "Hell" completely and...

That's the end.

For the last half year I've been saying "Just wait." "Final Crisis will get better."

And it has! This issue was freaking awesome!

Problem is, with only 2 issues left is it too late to salvage this story?

Keep reading to find out. ;)

• 1 month later...

So after how awesome FC#5 was, I was excited to pick up #6 and review it with you guys.

Also, #6 promises to have the final fate of Bruce Wayne...

You ready?

Alright,

Final Crisis #6

Before I get into it let me just say this book is pretty messy. JGJones may be a phenomal artist (he drew the covers for 52), but this has some of the worst art I've seen him do. Also, so much is going on and the panels are all over the place so it can be hard to tell whats going on.

-That said, Issue 5 left the Green Lantern Corps flying deep into the bowels of the black hole that was Earth to stop Darkseid... And that's where they stay for issue 6 (lame).

-Superman is sent back in time by Brainiac 5 after helping the Legion during Legion of 3 Worlds.

-The survivors from issue 4 who went to the watchtower get more than they bargained for when Anti Life zombies catch up with them, of course Green Arrow & Black Lightning are among the zombies after them.

-The main assault in Bludhaven takes a turn for the better as Captain Marvel Jr uses the last of his magic to transform him and the Desaad-possessed Mary Marvel back to mortals, where she regains control of herself. Tawky the tiger also kills the new Kalibak/Tiger god and all his loyal tiger followers swear loyalty to the Tawky... Yep, pretty odd. At this point it actually looks like the offensive was a success... Until Wonder Woman shows up with the female furies to kick their a$$es.

-Back on the Watchtower the zombies begin mind wiping the survivors, but Tatooed Man uses the "circuit" Black Lightning taught him... Which coincidentally is the same one Mister Miracle is using. Turns out it's God-speak for freedom and stops the mind wipe helmets from working. Black Canary goes onto beat the hell out of her zombified husband, crying the entire time.

-The Question is now working with Checkmate (as we saw in earlier issues). Turns out they've got a contingency plan for is Earth falls... Jump to another parrallel universe and recolonize. Makes sense, with the strange part being they made a bunch of clones of Renee (The Question) to lead them and protect them in this jump... Ummm... Okay?

-Calculator is hung for his betrayal where he'll "die forever." Libra then puts 2 and 2 together and realize it was Lex who betrayed him just in time for Lex's plan to come to a climax. Dr. Sivana creates a device to take control of the Antilife Zombies and Lex apparently kills Libra. Sivanna says <<And that's a classic "we haven't seen the last of him!" if I ever saw one.>> Which was pretty funnny.

-Barry & Wally (Flashes), still on the run from the black racer decide that they can somehow save our world... Not sure what they mean but, I guess that's for issue 7.

-Batman pulls a gun on Darkseid. Turns out he saved the bullet that killed Orion and decides to use it on and the dark lord. As he fires the gun though Darkseid shoots him with the Omega Beams (his eyes). Batman shoots him (and kills him?) but the Omega Beams blast him in a big two page spread. Some of you are gonna say, "But the Omega Beams can do anything! He mimght not be dead! Maybe Darkseid sent him back in time to prehistoric earth!" ... We'll touch on that.

-BOOM! Superman tears through the female furies in a rage and wipes out the enemy troops... Finally you see why on the last page. He's standing hold the carcass of Bruce.

DISCUSS!

Edited by Nestlé

I've been desperatetly trying to keep this thread alive since Jatta left, but this is getting a little rediculous.

Despite how many views it gets I'm the only one to have posted here since August.

I was actually a little surprised that noone commented even on Bruce's death.

Maybe too many people saw it coming?

Anyways, mods, you can close this thread.