UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Alternative to PayPal!

ARE-JAY

Check this out! You get $25.00 for signing up, similar to paypal when it was first started..

Everyone tired of getting hit with fees for paypal transactions? New player in town. I read about this on another forum. It sounds like it'll make a pretty good alternative, and they have some pretty good incentives for signing up/referrals (like they'll give you 25 bucks)

Site: www.revolutionmoney.com

I apologize if this is inappropriate but I thought since a lot of members here trade and or sell/buy they could benifit from it and with the $25 bucks you get for signing up, you could score yourself some extra cash for your ever growing minimate collections! Again my apologies if its not appropriate and feel free to delete if thats the case =)

Edited by ARE-JAY
Link removed.

Are Jay I removed your referral link, anyone that wants to check out revolution money can use the www. URL in your post.

I've been reading up on it and a lot of people don't seem to be getting their $10.00 per referral or are having a lot of difficulty convincing RM to give it up. Plus RM appears to be a US only site which kind of puts the kibosh on a lot of our members being able to use it as an alternative to paypal.

Free money doesn't exist. As Robert Heinlein once wrote TANSTAAFL. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Hmmm I actually researched them quite a bit before I signed up and found nothing negative whatsoever. Once I joined, the $25.00 was there and I have since referred 4 friends, to which I have received the rewards for right away. A lot of members on the other forum I belong to have been using it a lot with great success so I thought we could benefit here as well, well US members as you stated anyways. Just sharing my own experiences is all =) *Shrugs shoulders*

I was just going to sign up, take my $25, then shut it down. (I know, I'm naughty) But you have to write them a paper letter asking them if they wouldn't mind shutting it down, which they can refuse. Then they sent me this.

"Unfortunately, we are unable to verify the information you provided, and therefore an account cannot be opened at this time. We will send you an email explanation or request for additional information soon to the address you provided."

And this

"To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask for other identifying documents."

Yeah, something just don't sit right with me. I wish they'd told be that last one before I sent them my SSN. Fortunately no back account info was sent, but still. It doesn't smell just right, and in my book that's 10X better than any referral or review.