UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kyle Rayner Custom: UPDATED with pic

dj87

Howdy... I only stumbled across the custom section on here a couple of days ago. As of yet, i've only ever done one custom, a couple of weeks ago, of myself (which was only really a quick custom, with a painted hairpiece). Having been v.disappointed with all thats going on with DC mates, and a Lantern fan, have been thinking about having a go at a Kyle Rayner. After seeing Graham's fantastic KR customs, i was sold.

Pretty much know what i'm doing... got a spare Hal on it's way...

• put some extra black over the green on the sides of the torso
  • take up the green at the top of the sleeves
  • green up the gloves and white on sleeve
  • make the boots black, with white stripe up the middle
  • 'Ion' symbol

so, after that... i'v got the head to be thinking about... been giving it a bit of thought all day, browsing on here, and on the database, then noticed my own Nightwing (latest DC wave). Stuck his head on my proper Hal, and it's nearly perfect, going to adjust the mask a little, make it green, sort the shape out a little.

thought i'd mention it, and in the process ask a couple of questions to the pros out there, most importantly, can i do this as i've imagined, will the green and white be fine simply with a sharpie? will a white sharpie go over the green paint, albiet with a couple of layers?

thanks for any help... i'll post up a couple of pics when its done (not long after that Hal arrives, hopefully)

UPDATED: as promised, here's a pic, took a couple of hours, left to dry overnight then given a matt varnish.

DSC00601.jpg

any comments welcome

Thanks bobafett. I haven't ever used sharpies myself, and the fact that a white one exists intrigues me greatly, so sorry can't help you on that one.

Sounds good though, the Nightwing head would be a good match with a little modification. The hair is perfect for Kyle, I wish I'd had it when I was doing my custom.