UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST GETS INDIANA JONES LICENCE

Under a new licensing agreement announced today, Indiana Jones fans and collectors will see several new lines of collectibles in 2008 from Diamond Select Toys. Partnering with Lucas Licensing, a division of Lucasfilm Ltd., DST will design and manufacture large-scale roto figures along with bust banks, figural banks and feature banks, among other categories based on the rich and diverse Indiana Jones franchise!

The text above is from Diamondselecttoys.com

Hopefully this will lead to minimates! I suggest that you go to the DST website and check this out ASAP!

Hey Short Round don't get your hopes up, they don't mention minimates but do mention things like figural banks... I'm sure they'd say something given the heavy presence of minimates at the show.

It almost looks identical to the way the StarWars license was worded and it doesn't look like either include mates. ( for now!)

T.

While I agree that this and the Star Wars licenses are great news and might open the possibilities for Minimates, I'm very hesitant to get my hopes up. I mean, how long have they had the Planet of the Apes license without doing any Mates? Of course, I do realize that Star Wars and Indiana Jones are far more viable in Minimate form than POTA. Anyway, I'm just going to take a "wait and see" attitude about this and I'm sure that if the licenses provide them with the opportunity that DST will certainly jump at the chance and knock 'em out of the park.

While I agree that this and the Star Wars licenses are great news and might open the possibilities for Minimates, I'm very hesitant to get my hopes up. I mean, how long have they had the Planet of the Apes license without doing any Mates? Of course, I do realize that Star Wars and Indiana Jones are far more viable in Minimate form than POTA. Anyway, I'm just going to take a "wait and see" attitude about this and I'm sure that if the licenses provide them with the opportunity that DST will certainly jump at the chance and knock 'em out of the park.

I agree that if the license allows for Minimates, they'll take the plunge. The fact that the announcements seem to go out of their way to not mention Minimates tells me that there may be some sort of barrier in place. Like you said before, DST holds licenses that aren't transitioned to Minimates, and Stargate, Planet of the Apes, Serenity/Firefly, Buffy, and others seem to make much better Minimates than Madonna, but they haven't surfaced.

Stargate, Planet of the Apes, Serenity/Firefly, Buffy, and others seem to make much better Minimates than Madonna, but they haven't surfaced.

can you imagine if they did make those aswell, and did indiana jones & star wars, there'd be minimates out almost every 2-3 weeks !!!!!!!!

can you imagine if they did make those aswell, and did indiana jones & star wars, there'd be minimates out almost every 2-3 weeks !!!!!!!!

And there'd probably be some seriously irritated people at AA and DST. Something tells me they don't do a lot of sitting around doing nothing over there as it is, but to add the design and production of 7 or so more lines to the schedule would likely kill those people or result in a seriously inferior product.

But hey, we can dream, right? :lol: