UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

stealth ironman question

fishtankdork

I paid about $20 for mine. That was a couple years ago though.

Pain in the ass to get he was. The seller got the money order and cashed it, then forgot that he had done that and claimed I hadn't paid him. Luckily he eventually found a receipt for when he cashed it in and sent the blue boozer on his way.

What do you expect he's a stealth figure he's bound to be hard to find ( gotta love bad puns!)

Yeah they are pretty rare, in fact if you ask me they are the hardest to find mate from a regular wave, beating even "Black spidey" into submission.

Expect to pay about $40 for one...

T.

p.s. I Actually have 2 different versions of this figure, the released version and one that probably was a 'test shot' made out of a slightly different smokey grey/blue plastic.

Hey TBT I would love to see a side by side pic of those stealth IMs.

I can do better, we even had a thread and poll...

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...ost&p=21362

Amusingly the whole thread came about because the person who owned it previously thought the greyish version was the regular and the inky blue was the chase! -after some debate it was proved to be the other way round.

Of course after some gentle negotiation the one is the pic is now one of the quirkier and rarer parts of my collection...

And as far as I know only one of two that we know that exist in that 'shade'

T.

why is that shanester? wouldn't it be an earlier chase? like elektra or black spidey?

Honestly, I have no scientific answer for that. You would think that early waves would be the hardest to find, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. Don't get me wrong...both Symbiote Spidey and Black Elektra are difficult to find and generally on the expensive side. But its my opinion that Stealth Iron Man surpasses their rarity, and most times, the prices these figures typically fetch. Why? I really don't know. The wave was not a short run and the particular charater does not tend to garner more popularity than Spider-Man. It is a bit of a mystery to me, but fairly evident, none-the-less.

Anyone disagree?

I can thank a lazy ebay bidder for my Stealth mini. Got mine for $12.00. This was back in the day though. As for the Legends Stealth, I once saw that bad boy in a Gamestop, back when they sold toys. The thing is I wasn't collecting Legends back then. So I let him escape with a price tag of $11.99. :o

why is that shanester? wouldn't it be an earlier chase? like elektra or black spidey?

Honestly, I have no scientific answer for that. You would think that early waves would be the hardest to find, but it doesn't seem to be the case here. Don't get me wrong...both Symbiote Spidey and Black Elektra are difficult to find and generally on the expensive side. But its my opinion that Stealth Iron Man surpasses their rarity, and most times, the prices these figures typically fetch. Why? I really don't know. The wave was not a short run and the particular charater does not tend to garner more popularity than Spider-Man. It is a bit of a mystery to me, but fairly evident, none-the-less.

Anyone disagree?

no i agree

i think there were more of the 1st couple of wave's made(they made a big roll out!!!), then when they knew the initial sale figure's for those wave's they cut back the later waves to just those sale figures, thus making the wave that had iron man in, not hard to find, but once they were gone, they were gone gone

i have not seen any on ebay. i guess these are super rare like the stealth im ml? how much do they run? i would love to get my hands on one but i never see any for sale

The smart thing to do is get to know some overseas folks on various boards. I made friends with someone in the Phillipines on either He-Man.org or Palisade back in the day and traded some extra MOTU figures for both Stealth Iron Man and the Yellow Daredevil I missed out on. Like RX, I didn't pick these up initially and didn't start looking for past figures until like wave 6 or 7 of the ML stuff. I came onboard with Wave 5, which I feel was one of the strongest waves back them. Thanks to some pretty fair traders out there, I was able to fill my holes of the figures I was looking for in my collection. The same can be said about my Minimate collection, thanks gang and you know who you are.

Anyone disagree?

nope i agree completely the only chase from a regular wave that i dont have is stealth iron man but i think i'll track one down... one day