UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Heroes minimates might be coming

So, I just talked to my brother over the phone and he is a huge Heroes fan and he just got the first official magazine. He said that when you open it up there is an ad for 'those lego mini-things I collect' :) I said, "minimates?" He said yes!

I just finished watching the first season on DVD last night and will definitely check my local Borders tomorrow for the magazine to see if this is true.

Has anyone else heard of this?

Are you sure it was an advert for Heroes minimates or some other line that happens to be in a Heroes magazine?

I dont wanna get my hopes up!

I'd say its most likely just an ad for minimates in general and not so much a "look what's coming to the Heroes brand". It just seems to me that a new license would have been announced or at least hinted at by any number of other venues first, be it the DST website, the Myspace page, or even Toyfare. After all, For a Few Dollars More Quarterly didn't scoop the other toy news sites about the upcoming box set.

• 4 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone knows anymore about this? I checked the first issue and couldn't find anything.

Do you reckon your bro was winding you up?

Just wondering if anyone knows anymore about this? I checked the first issue and couldn't find anything.

Hey, no, sorry I have not found anything either. I even checked the second issue...nothing. I don't think he was kidding about it, though. He may have been wrong about the magazine because he said later that Milo was on the cover of the magazine and neither of the official magazine issues had just him on the cover.

I guess we'll know from ToyFair next month?

Mystery Solved!

The second issue of the Heroes magazine has a little blurb at the bottom of one of the pages. The blurb talks about the new action figures being made by Mezco, and suggests that more Heroes toys may be on the way from other companies.

It also shows a picture of custom LEGO Heroes minifigures. The blurb says that until more Heroes toys reach the shelves, fans will be making custom toys like the LEGO ones pictured. Nothing mentions Minimates.

I think your brother confused LEGO minifigs with Minimates. Happens all the time. People who see my Minimates call them "LEGO people".