UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST store shopping

So I just got an email from DST for 15% off any store purchase. I'm not going to give the coupon as it may be a radical only thing. I assume this can combine with the nice coupons they sent some of us a few months back. That combined should be 25% off. Now here’s my thing. DST's store is, while by no means high, not the cheapest in town. And most of their items are either out of stock or pre-orders or exclusives some place else. The only thing I saw that really jumped out at me was BSG wave 2 for $27. That'd knock it down to $20 plus shipping. I wanted two of them, so yay. But wait. I can order from DST, use my coupons and pay shipping, or I can order from AFX, pay the same price for the mates, a little higher shipping and get a free Web Armour Spidey. OR I can go to CGC or Stuckakid and get really cheaper figures with nice shipping so it'll even out.

So I guess my question is has any one bought directly from DST, are they any good and how's their shipping?

Also, what's with their pre-order items? *bangs head*

I think I bought the Spider-Man 3 preview pack from DST, and can't recall any negatives about the transaction.

As far as whether you should buy straight from them or through a secondary supplier really depends on what you're looking for. If you can get the same thing for the same price and get an Armor Spidey to boot, that sounds like a viable option.

Your likely to get a better customer service experience from DST though, as they are the makers and suppliers of the minimates, and thus can provide a more comprehensive level of service.

So I just got an email from DST for 15% off any store purchase. I'm not going to give the coupon as it may be a radical only thing. I assume this can combine with the nice coupons they sent some of us a few months back. That combined should be 25% off. Now here’s my thing. DST's store is, while by no means high, not the cheapest in town. And most of their items are either out of stock or pre-orders or exclusives some place else. The only thing I saw that really jumped out at me was BSG wave 2 for $27. That'd knock it down to $20 plus shipping. I wanted two of them, so yay. But wait. I can order from DST, use my coupons and pay shipping, or I can order from AFX, pay the same price for the mates, a little higher shipping and get a free Web Armour Spidey. OR I can go to CGC or Stuckakid and get really cheaper figures with nice shipping so it'll even out.

So I guess my question is has any one bought directly from DST, are they any good and how's their shipping?

Also, what's with their pre-order items? *bangs head*

I just bought the PX Exclusive 24 2 pack which was instock less than a day before the offer (kicks self for not having more patience)... UPS ground from the east to CA was less than $6.00 - with an item cost of $6.99, it totaled $12.xx.

I'd say not too bad, considering stuckakid and BBTS and AFX all hit you for the $7-$8+ range to ship similar.

It was also shipped in about 24 hours.

On the minimate side, I saw that they had the 24 2-pk, Season 1 & 2 in stock as well as BSG 2 and star trek wave 2 cases, all the Rocky stuff and Marvel Zombies.