UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What would make you give up on this hobby?

I would have to quit, if my cashier said any of the following:

1) Would you like to sign up for a Minimates credit card? It has a low interest of 25% and an unlimited credit line!

2) Can I please see some ID proving you are not the balding, over 30 year old man you appear to be?

3) Would you like a side of McFarlane toys with that?

I will quit if Minimates ever spontaneously self-animate and become sentient.

Imagine the sheer terror of waking up in the middle of the night to find yourself bound Lillipution-style with shoelaces and electrical cords. Hundreds of screaming and toothpick bearing Minimates surround your captive body. Poking and taunting, poking and taunting, endless poking and taunting. Finally, a frothing Venom gets up on your chest and tells you he is going to crawl up your nostril and devour your brain.

At that precise moment, I would quit collecting Minimates. Until then I will keep my Minimates snapped shut inside their purple plastic prison.

What?! No way - my minimates would never do that - they'd be my loyal minions! We'd go conquer stuff, and they'd get all the Mac'n'Cheese they can eat. That sounds like the greatest time ever.

I would stop collecting minimates if, and only if, Kylie Minogue asked me to marry her on the condition that I never buy another minimate again. But then I'd make a Kylie minimate, she'd see the error of her ways, and I could continue to collect. :D