UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wolverine and the X-Men

neolego

Just Announced, the New X-Men Animated Series.

wolverinexmenol2.jpg

Source: Wolverine and the X-Men

Interesting enough, it looks like the show is going to follow the recent "Astonoishing X-Men" in style and team. It will be interesting to see if they adapt Joss's stories to the new cartoon. That could lead to an Animated Colossus pretty quick. Anyway, just wanted to give you guys the heads up. Cartoons are starting to make another run now. With Justice League and TMNT, then Teen Titans and The Batman, and most recently Superman and the Legion. Now, next year we are getting a New Spider-Man, Transformers, and now X-Men. Looks like we are going to get some good quality shows, I can't wait. It also begs the questions, with the Animated Series sure to give us new takes on old characters (ala "The Batman"), maybe we can see some Animated Minimates in the future. It's a stretch, but could be cool. neo

That looks great! Don't like the title. I personally dislike Wolverine, especially the idea of him leading the X-Men! He's not their leader! Cyclops is!

But yeah, I'd watch this.

I watched a few episodes of Astonishing X-men and it was so-so, so this doesn't excite me much and although I like wolverine a lot I think there is way to much concentration on him in shows like this and in the toy world too. I wish for the days of the original animated x-men that was the best. I am interested to watch th new upcoming spiderman animated show though.

I always see Wolverine as Marvel's Batman - a good character, but so over-used and so "bad-ass" that they're just unkillable and boring now. In the comics, anyway.

I'd love to see them do away with both characters for a while and let others shine through.

Ah well - I'll download the episodes when they become available, or, if the same happens as with Fantastic Four, watch them before all you Americans. Teehee.

I liked Evolution, and this looks to have a similer style. Should be fun.

Jo

I watched a few episodes of Astonishing X-men and it was so-so...

Did I miss something? When was this on??? :blink:

I assume he was talking about X-Men Evolution. A lot of people didn't like it because it went away from the Comics with a completely new retelling as most the X-men were young except for Beast, Storm, Wolverine, etc. I personally loved it.

In the first post, I was talking about the new Comic, Astonishing X-Men. The Danger Arch and Colossus Arch would both be cool in animated form. neo