UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Central

So, a friend and I were talking about www.TFU.info and he mentioned that he was glad they keep updating their site, even if its slowly once a year, because it's a shame to start a project like that and then quit. They should either finish it or pass the torch onto others who can handle it.

This brings us to Minimate Central. Danny, I know you quite a while back simple cause you got burnt out. Same reason I suspect Ady retired. Unfortunetly you had no one to take you place, and there MMC sits. I check back on it as it is a vital piece of information I need during trades. However, as newer and newer waves come out, I find myself woefully ill up-to-date on minimates. Like my friend said, this isn't something you start and then stop.

So my question here is: what's going to happen to it? Is Danny gona come out of retirement? Is it going to merge with MMHQ and continue to be updated? or am I simply out of luck all the way around?

(That reminds me, on another note, what happened to the links page? It's hard to get to MMHQ and MMC from here.)

Totally agree man MMC should be taken over and updated with all new mates including DC. It was the site i went to when i started late minimate collecting and needed to know what to get. ..sniff sniff i miss it :(

At the end of the day that's Danny's choice.

I talked to him a little after he closed it down and I honestly can't see it coming back to life. I get the impression that It's too much his baby to hand over to someone else and he just doesnt have the time or enthusiasm to carry on with it himself.

Besides if someone else did it it wouldn't be MMC it would be something else with the name MMC.

I guess you're just going to have to treat it like a piece of history and let go...

T.

I was sad to see MMC go as well, it was the first site I found when I started collecting mates and it brought me here and to MMHQ so I owe that site a lot. But obviously maintaining a site like that is time consuming. Lets just hope that the reviews that have been done on MMHQ for the last couple of waves will continue, cause that is better than nothing!

• 2 weeks later...

There are currently no plans for Minimates Central to come back.

I have just bought 6 months-worth of bandwidth on the site so it isn't going anywhere and can still be used as a resource, but it is very unlikely I will ever restart it.

As Tim has said, because it was something I worked on myself for over 3 and a half years, I am loathe to hand it over to just anybody. There are several people I would trust it to, but sadly they have not got the time to keep it running.

I was thinking about this thread earlier. I do think it's a great shame that you've closed MMC Danny but 100% support your decision to do so. To the guys that have contributed to this thread... Why not try to make your own version of MMC. Base it on the way Danny used to do his reviews but take it off in your own direction. There are more than a few of you running Minimate websites right now. Why not collaborate and group them together under a central Umbrella, ella, ella, eh eh eh...

Eh?

I started a forum last weekend for my Halo clan and i found out just how hard it is to successfully run it.

Well that just shows how much work Danny put into it.