UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NFL thread

Reideen1313

Yes football talk is back at the office. I had a nice couple of years having my White Sox winning the World Series in 2005 and childhood fav Steelers winning the Super Bowl in 2006. The Bears as usual stunk it up in the playoffs in 2007, hopefully they have a little luck because they are stubborn brats with Lamborghinis :P

Tonight I'm going Saints all the way!

*Snifffffff* Can't you smell the turf and the hot dogs and the drunk guy screaming? It's such a wonderful time. I was almost giddy last night watching the game. The Colts are looking hot again guys. Don't look for them to be defeated anytime soon.

That being said, GO JAGS. I love my Jags, and I think by moving David as the starter, we actually have a decent offense this year, and if the defense if half as good as it has been we might be looking at the wildcard!! AH, I love this game!! neo

Wow. :blink: Indy.... wow.

I was really shocked by how strong Indy was last night. I didn't think the O-line would be that strong. NO hardly got to Manning. I thought Bush & McAllister would be way more productive for the Saints. Wow.

On a side note, I just saw a commercial for NFL jerseys in BK kids meals. If anyone gets a Bucs one and doesn't want it, pm me and we'll talk...

Oh, I agree Shanester. The Saints were just on the wrong end of a Peyton Beatdown. All off season the powers that be have been talking down the Champs like they didn't stand a chance to repeat. Peyton just wanted to make sure that talked stopped early. The Saints and good and will have a very strong season. In fact, I picked the Saints to meet the Colts in the Super Bowl this year.......so maybe we'll see a rematch! neo

• 3 weeks later...
The Saints let us down last night, but don't count them out. I see them coming back with a much stronger showing.

Do you have any idea when that might be? I have Brees & Bush on my fantasy team. Luckily I wised up this week and started Delhomme in place of Brees. That move saved the game for me. How many more games do you think Sean Peyton's gonna let Brees lose for them before he benches him? Who's his backup?

Yeah, sorry to flash a Rainbow over your storm Shane, but how about them Cowboys!! I am from Florida and a Jaguar Fan by youth. However, being relocated to the Dallas (Arlington) area for over 7 years now I have slowly followed the Cowboys. The past few years they have been so mediocre it was hard to support them even suiting up....but then came Romo. Tony Romo reminds me of a young Brett Farve. He is energetic and positive and you can tell by the smile on his face that he is loving every miniute....but like Mr Farve. Even better than that, he is playing amazing football. Can you guys believe that Romo was an undrafted backup QB who has sat on the bench for 3 years. This kid is going somewhere and he's taking the Cowboys with him and I'm glad I get to watch. Our generation of QBs is really good, Manning, Brady, Palmer, and now you can add Romo to that list. He is playing like the 2nd best QB in the NFL right now and he just schooled the Bears defense. Looks like I have a new Super Bowl pick! neo

The black & gold let me down again. Not sure whats going on, but neither offense or defense look strong and now we lost Duece! It looks grim....

Losing Duece is huge. Bush just isn't the go to guy that everyone has made him out to be. Yet.

The O-line is where the biggest problem is IMO. If they held the Titans on even 1 or 2 plays Monday night, Brees might have been able to get set and wouldn't have thrown so many interceptions. He hasn't ever been a qb who can be mobile and make the throw - it just isn't in his skill set. Sort of like Peyton - he's a little better now than he used to be, but he isnt' a mobile qb either.

On the one hand Shane, I'm sorry that they're 0-3, since I know they're your team. On the other hand, as a Bucs fan... :biggrin:

October 14th.................OCTOBER 14th.............MARK YOUR CALLENDARS!!!!

Cowboys

Patriots

Texas Stadium

This is likely to be a preview of this years Super Bowl!! :D neo

And Caddy is out for the year. :(

Oh - a side note/fair warning. DON'T buy a customized jersey from NFLShop.com. Their customer service SUCKS BIG FAT DONKEY BALLS.

My wife purchased a customized Tampa jersey for me 2 years ago now. The letters started to come off after the 2nd time I wore it, so we returned the damn thing. They were out of my size and we were told to wait for more stock or we could get something else with our credit. Then they went thru a complete computer system overhaul and lost all our records. Luckily we kept the emails.... Anyway, 2 years, several faxes and supervisors' supervisors later, I'm still without a replacement jersey.

They're back in stock...what are the odds I'll get someone on the phone who can comprehend the situation and get me a resolution on Weds when I'm off work?