UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 16 images and review

die_fliedermaus

Ok so I finally got home and around a LCS that carried Marvel 'Mates and got all of series 16... They even had the variant and I bought it, which is not only my first foray into purchasing variants, but also I think a cooler figure.

So here's my issue though, the standard non-bearded Thor is missing half his smile! It looks like it just didn't all print on, kind of makes him look like he's smirking.

So my first instinct is to write an email and try and get a replacement, or is this something super rare I should hang on to?

Let me know your thoughts.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So here's my issue though, the standard non-bearded Thor is missing half his smile! It looks like it just didn't all print on, kind of makes him look like he's smirking.

So my first instinct is to write an email and try and get a replacement, or is this something super rare I should hang on to?

Let me know your thoughts.

I wouldn't say its super rare - just a case of a missed/partial application of the tampo. Certainly not something that will get you into college or anything 10 years from now. :D It might get you a couple of $$ from one of the hard core collectors, but not much more than retail I'd guess.

As to a replacement, DST is really good with that type of thing, so I'd suggest emailing them to see what they can do.

This set rocks the house. Many of my mini dreams come true! Thor, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Not many classic avengers left to mate

Wasp

Giant man/yellow jacket/ant man

Black Panther

Swordman

Mantis

Throw in a Black Knight and Black Widow and we'd be all set.

A niced themed box set of Black Panther, Knight, Widow and Black Bolt should be made. The packaging would be orange just to be ironic-like.

I am INSULTED that you've left out Jack of Hearts and Tigra! :P

finally got them.

and i am not impressed... here's why.

1) none of the hair piece/ hat piece wants to stay on the head

2) the shape of the hair piece is too big for the head, especially Pietro and Simon. they just dont look right.

3) my she hulk is falling apart. her arms barely stays on.

4) Wanda is painted with cheapest shade of red/pink EVER. i dont know why, but she just look soooo wrong.

5) for some reason, my thor has a huge forehead. it seems like the hat piece is floating on top of his head, i doubt the peg even touches the hole in the head.

overall. this line sucks. the only reason it's cool it because of the character choice, but it's horribly executed.

so far, we have 5 series of DC mates now, and each and single one of those KICKED the recent almost non-existing Marvel mates BUTTT, it's like watching any team play against Notre Dame (alright, fine low blow and i apologize).

you get my point.

finally got them.

and i am not impressed... here's why.

1) none of the hair piece/ hat piece wants to stay on the head

2) the shape of the hair piece is too big for the head, especially Pietro and Simon. they just dont look right.

3) my she hulk is falling apart. her arms barely stays on.

4) Wanda is painted with cheapest shade of red/pink EVER. i dont know why, but she just look soooo wrong.

5) for some reason, my thor has a huge forehead. it seems like the hat piece is floating on top of his head, i doubt the peg even touches the hole in the head.

overall. this line sucks. the only reason it's cool it because of the character choice, but it's horribly executed.

so far, we have 5 series of DC mates now, and each and single one of those KICKED the recent almost non-existing Marvel mates BUTTT, it's like watching any team play against Notre Dame (alright, fine low blow and i apologize).

you get my point.

WOW~

I feel like we got different waves. I mean the only change I made was the hairpiece on wonderman (switched to bruce waynes and viola! a great wave!

I agree with the general consensus that this is for the most part a solid wave. I'd have liked to see a better attempt at She-Hulk's pipe or whatever the hell it is and maybe sculpt Bearded Thor's mask as opposed to painting it on, but those are minor gripes at best. You must have just got the duds of the batch, else you're even more nitpicky than I am (which is saying a lot, because I've made a name for myself around here for bitching over everything)

I picked up the entire wave (with variant) the other week and i was pretty stoked.... and rightfully stoked i like to think.... for the most part this wave rocked.... ALL new characters :D no problems with the paint aps... im loven them.... 2 problems tho.... first and foremost... the hair pieces.... almost all of them are uber loose.... which bugs the crap outa me since i practically creamed my pants when they introduced the hair/hat pegs way back when... and now those arent working?? whats the dillio with that? my other porblem is that poor excuse of an accesory.... you know which one im talking about.... it doesnt even fit in her hand!!!!! wtf!! besides those 2 minor gripes, this wave is rocken! B)

just got zombie daredevil and giant man and now i cant wait for the rest of the zombies!! woot!!

I picked up this wave along with the Zombie pack and the X3 wave and I have to say I like wave 16 the least of those. The main reason is the extreme looseness of the head/hair pieces (with Zombies being really tight and X3 being alright) and the lack of paint and sculpt detail (the Zombies having an amazing level of paint detail, X3 having an amazing level of sculpt detail).

There are some good characters in wave 16 but I'm a bit miffed that their pegged hair pieces either, freely spin around whenever they are touched, or fall off altogether. Given the quality of other recent waves it's a bit disappointing.

That is a kick ass pic.

For everyone with a loose part problem, have you tried the clear nail polish trick? Just lightly brush it around the inside of the hair piece and maybe a little on the back of the head and that will add enough mass to the head to give you a tighter fit.

I'm so happy with this wave. Finally, I can do this!

1457880077_31a1279d08_b.jpg

Whoo-ha!

• 2 weeks later...