UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Am I the only one insanely frustrated by the lack of MMs?!

fnask101

So I'm sure there's about a dozen different threads in here similar to this one, but am I the only one who wants to scream at the lack of new Marvel MMs coming into stores?! Its been months since a new line came out and as I not a huge Spiderman fan (more of an X-Men and Avengers kinda guy) the few new packs which all feature Spiderman in what seems to me as similar enough costumes to not warrant buying them all.

I have now twice gotten up early to go to Target and see if Wave 16 was in(its a sad life but its mine), and both times found no trace of any Minimates on what is supposed to be their release dates... I know that it is really difficult to develop, market and launch a product line but that doesn't help me with my impulsive need to but more 'mates... I've even taken to buying them in stores where ever I find them and whatever they are, even if I already have them or don't particularly want them..

Just asking how everyone else is coping? So far the only way I'm staying relatively sane is because some members of this magnificent site agreed to do some customs for me, but I need the Avengers Mates!!!

I wrote an email to DST asking about a thousand questions about relase dates and the alike, hope it doesn't annoy them but is rather a reminder of all the super dedicated fans out there waiting, trying to be patient

Wave 16 isn't going to Target, is it? The only Target mates I'm aware of are the upcoming classic Spider-Man minimates. As for lack of mates, just wait a little longer and life will get sweet again, as we have a whole host of new mates on the horizon. Avengers should be soon, as should Spider-Man 3, with two waves of X-Men/Spider-Man/Avengers hitting early next year. Then you have the Zombies coming shortly and the Defenders box set. And don't forget US Agent and Taskmaster.

Plus, Star Trek wave 1, DC wave 5, 24 season 1, Back to the Future, and Rocky 1.

I agree fnask101. July was supposed to be the month the wallet died. we got one box set and a DC wave. It seems that the spiderman 3 wave will never come out! and as I just posted, the new mates we are seeing at comic con are supposed to come out in January? that would mean DST would almost have to release minimates 1 wave a month.

how have I been cooping? well I was just at suncoast and bought another boostergold/ bluebeetle two pack. and had to leave before I bought Dr. fate and some BSG. but that may have been because I was really bumed about missing comic con.

Wave 16 - the Avengers wave - is not going to Target stores. Target is getting a Spidey related wave. Target will be going thru their toy aisle reset in the next week or so - so maybe they'll show up then.

Wave 16 is a specialty store only release at this time. (That's not to say the characters couldn't be added into a future Target wave, but nothing is set or known about future line ups right now.)

As to your frustration about waiting for releases, I disagree. This is NOTHING like the droughts we've suffered thru in the past.

Beyond the Target Spidey packs and Avengers wave, we're only waiting on a few things. (No one is really waiting for the GR wave, so I'm not mentioning those. :D) Spidey 3 waves I'm guessing will come out closer to the DVD release in a few months. ST was probably pushed back due to SDCC and I expect to see them in the next couple of weeks along with Rocky. None of this is unexpected. (If you've been around the hobby for long enough, you'll know that when DST loads a month as heavily as they did July, delays are going to happen.)

So far this year we've gotten the Spidey 5 pack, Spidey 3 preview pack, a whole slew of DCD mates, BSG wave 1, Cylon 5 packs, X3 wave, and the SDCC Zombie 2 pack. Compared to years past, that's a pretty good year so far.

Be happy with what you've got and look forward to what's to come.

I still have the right to be frustrated, as a consumer when I see dates that constantly get pushed back thats frustrating, and companies can be held responsible for giving incorrect or imperfect data to the consumers...

I guess its just because I am like 90% intrested in the Marvel MMs, and like 5% to the DC and 5% to the BSG... And I've never been a huge fan of Spiderman or Ghost Rider so the Avengers are what keep me going for now.

Its kind of the optimal situation for a company that produces a product, huge amounts of people awating the release of new products with money in hand. I guess its smart on their part though to not flood the market because the lack of Marvel stuff that interests me forced me to buy some DC and BSG MMs which I actually ended up being very happy with...

I guess in the end even if I get frustrated or angry there's no where else to get Marvel MMs so DST will get my money in the end... I just wanted to vent, thought this would be the place to do it with people who understand the draw of these little guys.

I still have the right to be frustrated, as a consumer when I see dates that constantly get pushed back thats frustrating, and companies can be held responsible for giving incorrect or imperfect data to the consumers...

Not saying you don't. Just keeping things in perspective.

calm down peeps. These toys will get released eventually. Production schedules invariably slip from time to time. Just be thankful you weren't here last winter when it really looked as if Marvel mates were dead. Chill, they'll arrive, in the meantime enjoy the summer, get drunk, have a barbecue, talk to girls. All more important than the minimate release schedule. Especially the girls. ;)

All more important than the minimate release schedule. Especially the girls. ;)

Amen to that. They'll come out when they come out, I know it's a little frustrating, especially when you have them pre-ordered, but there are so many things to enjoy in life... When the mates come out, we'll be giddy and ecstatic... then we'll be frustrated by the wait we'll have to endure between waves 16 and 19 & 20 (no offense to people looking forward to Ghost Rider and Spidey 3 movie-mates). But it's all part of the game.