UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Disgruntled Brits Unite!

Vigilante

Ok, so this thread is basically a place for Brits to talk about anything and everything, from Hasbro's 'unique' pricing for UK toys to the latest news in britain. Feel free to be disgruntled, just as long as you don't flame, and as Rad says, no bashing Americans, and please don't say anything offensive about america.

Patriot

Can we bash Canadians? :)

What's the UK have to be disgrunted about? Your pound is crushing our dollar. The dollar is so weak here in the States that I had to use a wheelbarrow to bring cash to the supermarket just to buy some milk. Even our illegals are only excepting payment in Pesos now. Even the junkies are now too embarrassed to snort drugs using American money.

The plus side is that I've found the buck makes sturdy toilet paper. But if you really want to flush American money down the toilet, I recommend buying a house in Southern California!

That's half the problem though - technically we should be paying £10 for a $20 toy (roughly), but we get charged £20. Toy companies seem to think that if you just swap the symbol, no-one will notice.

The markup isn't quite as bad on comics, but it's still more than the exchange rate says it should be.

Its why I buy all my Transformers from Japan - half the cost and I get it six months (or sometimes more) earlier than I could buy them here. And why I buy my 'mates through a board member - even after paying for postage, they're costing me a lot less than buying over here. Trouble is, I need to wait for them to get here.

And we're in the middle of postage strikes.

Whinging over for now,

Jo

That's half the problem though - technically we should be paying £10 for a $20 toy (roughly), but we get charged £20. Toy companies seem to think that if you just swap the symbol, no-one will notice.

That's a rip off! As the dollar continues to slide (I am very doomish on the US economy) I hope US toy companies will be forced to cut overseas prices to compete with the informal "online" import/export businesses. And they ain't going to be raising prices on US consumers. Americans are tapped out with mortgage resets, gasoline prices, and other hard commodities.

Whine away!

Oh, I will. My current disgruntledness is spurring from the way Hasbro treats the UK, especially with the transformers line. I went to my nearest TRU recently, and for THE FIRST TIME EVER, saw cybertron thundercracker. This, and i'm starting to wonder if the UK will EVER get the full movie line. Americans are waiting for like wave 3 or something, and us Brits are stuck here waiting for wave 1, all the while being disgruntled. Has anyone spotted some of the non-preview transformers movie figures at a reasonable price?

Patriot