UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How rare are wave 1's?

Okay, so I walked into my local comic shop and I scanned the place until I found the Minimates sections. As I'm looking around, I see an Elektra/Yellow Daredevil set. I was really surprised, given the fact that these were wave 1 figures.

But then that got me thinking...how rare are the wave 1 figures?

Should I go back and buy them as soon as I can? Or is there no rush?

Eh, let me put it this way. They aren't making any more wave 1's, so it's not like they're getting any less rare. But If you want them go get them. If you don't then don't. But you're not going to be able to get much of a turn around on them.

Eh, let me put it this way. They aren't making any more wave 1's, so it's not like they're getting any less rare. But If you want them go get them. If you don't then don't. But you're not going to be able to get much of a turn around on them.

I see...

I don't know, it seemed so odd that I actually found a wave 1 set still on retail shelves.

I'll probably go down to the shop and buy a set within the next week or so.

I really want Bruce Banner/Hulk from wave one. I started collecting around the time that Wave 12 came out. I know I'm really bad. I'm trying to play catch up, but I have almost everybody that I really wanted, but Hulk/Banner is one of the exceptions. I'll find it one day!

Not sure about Banner/Hulk but there a couple of wave 1s and 2s (including venom and black spidey!) on ebay uk, but I hear you're going on holiday, Dan, so you probs wont be able to bid.

Patriot

Ps thats the same time I started collecting too!

I really want Bruce Banner/Hulk from wave one. I started collecting around the time that Wave 12 came out. I know I'm really bad. I'm trying to play catch up, but I have almost everybody that I really wanted, but Hulk/Banner is one of the exceptions. I'll find it one day!

Gosh, I remember having this 2-pack on pre-order. It seems like just yesterday, but it was about 4 years ago.