UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Mr. Fantastic Custom.

Dan

I want to make a fully stretchy Mr Fanatastic soon, including stretchy legs and torso. Has anyone done this or something similar? What did you use and how did you do it? What material can you use to sculpt or mould the parts. PM me or send help on this thread.

Thanks

For the torso, you can just stack blue torsos on top of each other. Then just lop off the ball joints for the arms.

For the legs, I guess you could do something similar. Cut off the part with the ball joint and sink a correct-sized pin (for where the foot goes) down in the top. Then just repeat as many times as you want.

They wouldn't be bendy like the arms, but everything would be articulated still.

I gotta agree with Night Viper's suggestion, particularly on the torso. However, you're going to mow through a ton of legs depending on how far you want him to stretch. An alternative would be sculpting the parts by hand. Depending on choice in sculpting material, you may get some limited movement in the same manner as the arms.

Does anyone have a load of spare torsos or Mr Fantastic arms. I have a few ideas now. Thanks guys.

Can anyone help me on parts then?

Here's a Plastic Man I did a couple of months ago.

PlasticMan.jpg

The extra torso piece was, as already recommended, 2 torsos stuck together. I stuck them together at a bit of an angle, because if front and back are painted the same, you can get a bit more variety of poses. To hide the join, I put a piece of plastic from blister packaging on the front and back, which bends nicely.

The legs were made from 2 pairs of legs cut up. It does look a bit weird with 2 knee joints on each leg. Again, to hide the joins I used plastic. I filled in all the gaps with Green Stuff (available from Games Workshop), although I admit I'm not really all that happy with how it turned out.

Also, I considered using a Leader head for a stretched version of the head.

Man that is one sweet custom. I think I'm gonna use the two torso idea, but the legs look really difficult to do. Well Done, but I'm not good enough to try that yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I need a Sue Richards body for this custom. Has anybody got a spare? I just need the torso, not the rest. I haven't got much to trade , but I have money, and will obv. pay shipping/postage etc.

I'm still unsure how I'm gonna do the legs too.

I need a Sue Richards body for this custom. Has anybody got a spare? I just need the torso, not the rest. I haven't got much to trade , but I have money, and will obv. pay shipping/postage etc.

I'm still unsure how I'm gonna do the legs too.

You'd probably get a better response to this in the want/have list section of the boards...

Yeah, I posted it in my parts list too. Thanks.