UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Anyone else seen our logo's guest appearance?

Rad

As far as saying All-Star Superman, Nextwave, or Marvel Zombies are the best comics ever, everyone has their own opinion, and we should all try to reserve casting final judgment until we have read all the books in question. DC isn't on my pull list and I've never picked up an issue of Nextwave, so I can't honestly say that MZ beats them both hands down. I can say that Marvel Zombies ranks pretty high on the list of comics I have read, but that's as far as my own judgment will allow.

I was not trying to, in anyway, empirically state that my choice of comic books were in fact, undeniably, better than any others. But at the end of the day, having to write "I believe [that]", or any variation thereof, at the beginning of every sentence is ridiculous.

I was not trying to, in anyway, empirically state that my choice of comic books were in fact, undeniably, better than any others. But at the end of the day, having to write "I believe [that]", or any variation thereof, at the beginning of every sentence is ridiculous.

Wasn't suggesting that you were lording your opinion over anyone. And I agree that it is ridiculous to have to say "It is my opinion that..." or anything of that nature before speaking a thought. I was merely suggesting that each of us have our own opinions of what was better, based on our own reading experiences or lack thereof.

And, since I've managed to misrepresent myself twice so far in this thread, allow me to state the following:

DISCLAIMER: The preceding statement was merely an emotionless response to clarify the author's original point. In no way, shape, or form was it intended to strike out or otherwise harm, insult, anger, malaise, or ridicule anyone in any way. In addition, the author's comment reflect merely the opinion of the author and in no way should be misconstrued as suggesting that the author's opinion is of a higher weight, caliber, or level of correctness than any other opinion, be it openly expressed or otherwise. Price and participation are subject to change without notice. Results may vary.

Tch! I dunno. All I wanted to do was post a thread about a square planet... :D

I still think AS Supes is the best comic out there, but as stated previously it's all just opinion. Gerg rates Nextwave. I hear great things about it but have never picked it up. I loved Marvel Zombies but disagree that it's one of the best comic series ever. It's a fun cash in on a current fad. It is great fun though, and I'm loving the crossover with Army of Darkness.

On a serious note I'd like people to think about is how a new member would have felt about that picture appearing after they'd posted something. They'd never come back and rightly so. It's unfriendly and extremely disrespectful and we're not about that on this list. (TM2 this isn't directed at you in particular)

In future when a member is thinking about posting something like that please think very carefully indeed.

Think about the person you're posting it to (or rather at) and the context of the thread you're posting in.

Do you know that person well? Regularly swap banter with them? If that's the case fine. As long as you're sure that whatever you're posting is going to be taken as intended.

If you're not really sure then don't post it. I've lost count of the amount of times I've written what's intended to be a witty throwaway response to someone, and then junked it for fear of offending that person. Think twice, and then a third time, and as PL used to say over on the old AA site... 'Post Sober!' : :D

Eyethengyew.

Well, in my defense, at forums where I mostly hang out, images like that are thrown around all the time. There's just no two ways about it; Transfans are @$$holes. So that is considered satirical humor, and no one ever blinks.

But I think I understand what you're saying, about presenting a good front. I just have trouble seeing what is acceptable and what isn't.

But I think I understand what you're saying, about presenting a good front. I just have trouble seeing what is acceptable and what isn't.

Don't be an "@$$hole Transfan" at a mini figure forum, and you'll do fine.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I can always do this. ;)

Without_pics.gif

If it makes me feel better can I delete you?

(oh and you're claim of satire earlier... that aint satire)

Please can this pointless thread of crazed reactions die?

Okay, how about this. Lock this thread, I promise to never bring this up again, and every one just forgets this entire thing. Is this an acceptable agreement? I'm sorry I got us off track from our true goal; plastic crack. So, How about I say I'm sorry, apologize, and we move on?

I officially apologize. I apologize to Ady for screwin up his site and making him mad, and I apologize to Rad for derailing his thread. I promise to never mention lack of pictures again

Are we all cool now?

We're all cool.

I just get pissed off when threads which were a train reck suddenly come abck to life for no purpose other than havhing another train crash into them

We're all cool.

I just get pissed off when threads which were a train reck suddenly come abck to life for no purpose other than havhing another train crash into them

We're all cool.