UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Good Comic Shops in Seattle.

Glomit

So, my family is planning a Spring Break getaway trip sort of thing to Seattle. You know, see the sights, watch a baseball game. So I was thinking, 'Well every city has at least comic shop, I should take advantage of this trip and check one out.'

I myself am unfamiliar with Seattle (and the U.S. in general :tongue: ), so I was just wondering, does anyone know of a SWEET comic shop or comic shops in Seattle?

Glomit

Thanks, guys! I'll be sure to check them out. :)

Glomit

Yeah, the boys have it right: Golden Age Collectibles in the Pike Place Market. Lots of stuff, but they tend to be overpriced and they're more about collectibles than comics.

Zanadu is an excellent, excellent place to shop, they have store in downtown proper, 3rd and Stewart, just a few blocks from the Market.

They also have a store in the University District, if you get into that area. In fact, University Avenue has some three comic shops, at least two good used book stores, and several used music stores up and down its length.

A non-typical sight I like to recommend, particularly for us geeky types, is the Underground Seattle Tour. I think JL enjoyed it...

A non-typical sight I like to recommend, particularly for us geeky types, is the Underground Seattle Tour. I think JL enjoyed it...

That was actually the thing I was looking foward to most. That and the Music Museum.

Glomit

There are definately some nice comic shops in our are Glomit, depending on where you are staying. Cappy has a few in his area, which is due north of Seattle. Comic Stop comes to mind, they have a store in Lynnwood and in the Everett Mall. I also have my local shop, Atomic Comics in Tacoma, near the mall :thumbsup: But there are some nice, little shops in or near the University District in Seattle. Your best bet is to hit the Yellow Pages when you come into town, possible online, so you can map it out from where your at. Depending on when you are coming we are having the Emerald City Comicon too, might be worth checking out. I know some of us are going and might get together then. That's about all I have, hope that helped.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, guys! I just got back and I thought I'd say thanks! One of the comic shops in the U-District, The Dreaming, sold me 45 comics for $12 US! I got some X-3 MM at Golden Age (the Pike Street Market is SWEET), and a GR/Daredevil pack at a Target on the way back.

Thanks for all the useful tips, you guys! They most definitely came in handy.

Glomit