UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America spoiler inside

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funnest part of that was "Pick a side, Wolverine!". Hilarious!

I finally got around to reading this issue, and it actually made me angry, but only because I care about the character so much. Cap should go down fighting to save the world, not shot in the back on the steps of a courthouse. The story seemed much more "real" than "comic book". It was supposed to make the reader feel cheated, like Cap was stolen away from them, and it succeeded. The writing and artwork were very good, and if I hadn't read about his death EVERYWHERE beforehand, it would have been quite shocking. I can't believe Cap is dead. I am still a huge Marvel fan, and I am interested to see what stories come out of this.

PowerGirl is quickly becoming one of DCs most popular characters. Essentially she's Superman w/ boobs. She is Supergirl from another reality who was stranded here during Crisis of the Infinite Earths back in the 80s.

This is not Power Girl

http://actionfigureinsider.com/marxblog/wp...s/WonderMan.jpg

Gah, my eyes!!! :blink:

• 4 weeks later...
BTW I'm giving up on spoiler tags as several have let it out openly in this thread.

Yeah, I've been trying to not reveal anything outside of a spoiler tag, but I think the news is pretty much out now. I can't believe Captain America was a communist. *sob* :biggrin:

Kidding aside, I don't think Tony and gang tried to have him killed, nor do I think they were in on some faked-death plan. Based solely on what I've seen in the books, I think Nick Fury was trying to free Cap using Agent 13 and Winter Soldier, be it part of a faked death or something else, however, Crossbone beat him to the punch, with Faust providing the assist via some mental manipulation on the person closest to Cap. We still don't know what Doom and Zola brought to the table yet, do we?

But at the end of Cap's book, we see him with an eye still open and still hooked up to machines, which doesn't seem like something a reputable hospital would do, especially on such a high profile person. Plus, we have Ms. Marvel, who is Tony's right hand pretty much, saying that Cap isn't dead, but rather has been spun that way while Tony's people try to save his life. Remember, we've seen the news say he was dead, but no doctor announce his death specifically.

It's a long time comic book rule: no one can ever be truly dead until you've seen their autopsy.

Apart from Claire Bennet from Heroes, of course...

Patriot