UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Time for a Change

neolego

Ok guys, I'm tired of looking at Boukensilver as my avatar. Plus, now that the Civil War is over, I think it's time for a new signature. However, I'm struggling to figure out what I should use. So, I'm turning to you guys for some advice. Based on the things/characters/collections that I like, here are what I've narrowed it down to:

#1 - Neo (from Matrix): Now, my name was taken from the mixture of my favorite movie (at the time) and my favorite hobbie (at the time). If I was to make a new name right now it would probably be: Lord of the Mates............Hmm....maybe I should change my name?!? Anyway, since everyone knows me by this name I'd like to keep it, so I was thinking of actually making my Icon neo to go with the name. I know, that almost makes sense :).

#2 - Ultimate Iron Man :ironmanultimate: : UIM is probably my favorite comic hero right now. I've always loved Iron Man, but after reading Ultimates and then the Ultimate Iron Man Mini I have really fallen in love with the character (hopefully Loeb won't mess him up). Anyway, it has nothing to do with my name other than the fact that I love the character.

#3 - Minimate "A" - My problem with choosing a Minimate for my Avatar/Sig is that I don't know which one to pick. I love them all. If there was an Ultimate Iron Man then I wouldn't need this thread as I would have #2 and #3 and be set. But, since there isn't an UIM, I don't know who else to use that isn't already be used. So, I'm at a loss.

#4 - Nintendo Wii/DS - If anyone knows me you know I'm a huge Wiitard. While I do fully support the Wii, I'm just not sure it would make a good avatar. I'm looking for something distint that when someone sees it they know, "That's neo", and I'm looking for something that will stand the test of time, I'd like to not have to change it again for a lot time.

And finally,

#5 - Stay the Same - Boukensilver is the 6th ranger of the Sentai Boukenger series. I love the costume and he is very unique, plus it's got a nice flashing light thing going on.

Well, there you have it. I would appreciate any feedback from you guys. neo

You could have an Iron Man mini going to the toilet. That'd satisfy most of those.

Jo

(and to clarify, no, I'm not making any remarks about the console itself, just the name)

LoL, funny.

Yes Deadpool, Power Rangers is the American version of Japan's Sentai. In Japan, Sentai is made more for a mainstream audience where Power Rangers in America is made mostly for Kids. In Sentai people die, get married, and curse (not that I like cursing), it's just more adult in nature and a lot of fun to watch. Boukenger is the series that just wrapped up in Japan. Starting Saturday 3/1 Power Rangers will take the Boukenger theme and turn it into "Power Rangers: Overdrive". The ranger on my Avatar will be know in the USA as the "Mercury Ranger".

So, I guess that was just a really long way of saying, "Yes" :D. neo

LoL, funny.

Yes Deadpool, Power Rangers is the American version of Japan's Sentai. In Japan, Sentai is made more for a mainstream audience where Power Rangers in America is made mostly for Kids. In Sentai people die, get married, and curse (not that I like cursing), it's just more adult in nature and a lot of fun to watch. Boukenger is the series that just wrapped up in Japan. Starting Saturday 3/1 Power Rangers will take the Boukenger theme and turn it into "Power Rangers: Overdrive". The ranger on my Avatar will be know in the USA as the "Mercury Ranger".

So, I guess that was just a really long way of saying, "Yes" :D. neo

Yeah, it would be quite a bit better if not so... child oriented.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of the Matrix (I don't really want to talk about it. :sick: ) but an avatar of Neo is definetly clean, distinct and... Well more "human" than a Wiimote.

So, I vote Neo (Even though I love the Wii too man. :thumbsup: )

Plus, you could always keep your Wii in the sig somewhere.

Neo, I vote for a picture of your Mii. :thumbsup: The only way I can think of doing that is with a digital camera but I don't know how the quality of that would be.

You know what, this was actually my first idea. I've actually created Neo on my Wii and thought it would be awesome to have my Neo Mii as my Avatar, but couldn't figure out how to do it. I guess I can try taking a digital picture of it and see how that turns out. So, until further notice, Neo Mii is the answer :D. neo

• 3 months later...

Yeah Deadpool, I really think the head shot is better, especially for a Avatar. You know, I don't follow the new Ant-Man series, but I am really digging that uniform. neo

now don't steal my name neo...................... :D

You know, if it were 6 months ago I might argue.........but if I changed my name now it would be neo360 :D. neo

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I need something iconic! I'm tired of this lame SM3. I'm half tempted to go back to Boukensilver because I did like that. I want something that can be immedietly assocates with my name, like that dumb spaceman that Shane carries around. I really wish there was a way to crop of picture of my Mii and put it as my Avatar, that would rule! Oh well, any new ideas floating around?? neo

EDIT: Well, there ya go......Boukensilver it is until someone has a better idea :). neo