UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Talk from another Forum

Alpheon

I found this discussion totally by accident, but thought that it was interesting enough to warrant a topic here. It's on a Lego Minifigure customs place, and the guy talking about Minimate customs was actually violating rules by sharing the Minimate Gospel. Well, at least, it depends on how you look at it... :P

Minimates vs. Lego

Anyone want to go wave the MMMV banner over there?

I wonder which part of the minimate makes it inferior to the Lego minifig. Is it the 14 points of articulation compared to Lego's 7? Or maybe the varying size scales?

Man, I am with you!!!! How can they say Lego guys are better when they don't even have knees or elbows? And we have waaaaaaay better characters than Lego will ever get. I like to use Legos for building, but for people, I go MM all the way!!!

The battle begins MiniMates vs. Legos who will win? Well Lego has awfully a lot of vehicles, so that would make there armys stronger, but MiniMates have plenty of super powers so that would give them the upper hand on the Legos! This is such a battle will the minimates win against the insidious legos who knows?!?!?!

And yet the battle rages on, ...:::Halo11701:::...

Anyone want to go wave the MMMV banner over there?

I wonder which part of the minimate makes it inferior to the Lego minifig. Is it the 14 points of articulation compared to Lego's 7? Or maybe the varying size scales?

Man, I am with you!!!! How can they say Lego guys are better when they don't even have knees or elbows? And we have waaaaaaay better characters than Lego will ever get. I like to use Legos for building, but for people, I go MM all the way!!!

Just a couple things I take issue with here. All in good fun, though. ;)

Minimates beat minifigs in POA 14-7, making them a better figure. Since more POA = a better figure, all hail the mighty Shockini, with 18 POA!!

Minimates have way better characters than LEGO? Have you not seen the Star Wars minifigs? They are incredible. Other notables include Harry Potter, Batman, and Exo-Force.

Probably the most ridiculous thing I've read today is the comment from the LEGO collector who said that minimates are no good because they are "too squarish." How in the hell can a block figure collector dislike a figure because it is blocky??? WTF!?!?!?

I was working up to a point here, but it's really late and I'm really tired and my brain has told me to lay off or it will start making me think I love Shockinis. Looks like it's bedtime. ;)

Guys, don't be that kind of a message board poster, please. Don't be the person that joins a message board they have no interest in just to stir up trouble. If they don't like Minimates, so be it. You're not going to convert anyone by reciting how many POA a figure has. All it's going to do is annoy them and reflect badly on us. All of us.

If they have rules against Minimate customs :huh:, so be it. Their house, their rules. Let them be.

Think about it from their point of view. Would you want some third-grade Shockini fan coming here to The MMMV and saying, "Damn man, I think Shockinis are so much better than Minimates because they have thigh and bicep swivels! You should really try Shockinis because they are more posable. Toxic Avenger rules!"

I had some similar advice in the old recruitment drive thread: Don't be a douche.

I wasn't suggesting going over there and trashing Lego figures. All I was saying was someone should just go do something like, "Hey, nice custom minimate there. Why not post it over on the Minimate Multiverse forum?"

I agree that its bad form to go to a Lego site and trash Legos.