UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What should I do?

Well, for me, as I can assume for most people right now, money is extreamly tight. However, for me, I think it is morso. I got fired from my job about 4 months ago. I had some money saved, but I very quickly spent it. Soem on toys, some on gas, some on school. I have a new job, but I don't start for another 2 weeks, and they only pay 2 weeks, so I'm at least a month away from a paycheck.

I am going to Mechacon in Aug, and I'd like to have some money saved up. Also, the Iacon One pre-registration is almost up, and I really want the non-atandee package. Also, the new Star Wars Unleasheds are out. at $15 a pop, they're worth it, expecially since some of them are going for $75 on ebay. The Koto Slave Liea is up for pre-order, which I must have. I also want Marvel MMs wave 11-12 and the new DC MM waves are out on pre-order as well. I haven't bought comics in a month, and I really want to read them, and my comic guy can't hold them forever. I still have to save up for school and they say I don't qualify for Financial aid, even though I'm dirt broke. I have $1.35 to my name.

Long story short, God has been teaching me this marvlous lesson in temperance, patiance and to trust fully in Him. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel (I think).

So my question is this. A friend is giving me $60 he owed me. Should I save it or spend it. If spend it, what should I spend it on? Comics? Toys? Save to spend on a convention or college? And don't say "whatever you think's best" because that wasn't me question. :P

Conventions are once-only events with lifelong memories. I vote for that.

While actual toys stick around longer, you can always get more by trading away your old ones. Kind of hard to trade for convention admission.

I think your comic pimp might appreciate you buying a few of the books he has stashed for you. You don't owe him a living, but he's ordered that stuff in on good faith. Explain your situation and buy 10 or 15 bucks worth. That way he gets to keep the business going and you have a few books to read. Blow the rest at the con.

I say send it to me. I am going to two conventions in the next 4 weeks.

Honestly, just think hard about what you want most and focus on getting that with your cash (or send it to me).

I'm kinda in the same situation....I recently just started a job and my wife is no longer working. So I am not able to purchase much of anything at the moment, with having to catch up on alot of bills.

I've learned a very important thing because of this.......Items you want you can always find later on some way somehow.

You could always try and trade for things you want, I've been doing this and it has actually been saving me a bit of money.......i'm getting rid of things I no longer need or want to someone who does want them, and in return, getting the things I AM looking for. Sure I may not get them when they are first released, but in the end, I am just happy to get that something I've wanted.

Just my thoughts :)

• 1 month later...

TAKE COMIC BOOK GUY OUT FOR A BEER, GET HIM PISSED FOR ABOUT $20 AND GET HIM TO OPEN HIS SHOP AND GET YOUR COMICS. WITH THE REST OF THE MONEY BUY A MONKEY AND A CAMERA, PAINT HIM BLUE LIKE THE BEAST AND SIT OUTSIDE THE CONVENTION AND GET VISITORS TO PAY FOR THEIR PICTURES TO BE TAKEN AND MAKE A HANDSOME PROFIT. BUY THE MONKEY SOME NUTS AND GIVE HIM THE CAMERA AND TELL HIM TO PISS OFF AS YOU WILL HAVE $100 TO SPEND INSIDE AND NO PETS ALLOWED MONKEY BOY TA TA