UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Emerald City Comicon

The_Donster

Hey, for us PACNW, this is almost like SDCC(just a little smaller). Does anyone plan to go to ECCC this year? Since Scorpios(Farscape fans?) might be there, I'm going to try and talk the wife into it or go on my own. She wasn't as jazzed about this one as SDCC, but I know the folks who run this and try to support them if I can. Would be nice to actually see and meet some folks this year. Sadly, I didn't see Dockingbay/Echobase T&C on the dealers list, I hope they're still going to make it. As they always seem to have great offers, not to mention a exclusive Minimate last year, when they're there. So who's going?

Yep, Lani and Gigi are returning for an appearance again. Although I'm going to feel bad, because I've already gotten autographs from both. With Lani, I have actually two, Crais and Pilot. Anyway, nothing coming up, I should be there and would be nice to finally meet Kirby. I wonder if Resurrection Bob will make an appearance as well? Should be fun, hopefully the prices are fair.

Fujis, don't forget to leave at least a week before the con, just so you can make it through border customs :rolleyes: As far as Jaycen and DB97, I didn't see them on the list this year for booths. So not sure what's going on there. But I don't think he's doing another custom for the reasons AJL pointed out. But I would love to get together with you guys, I just don't know if I can convince the Mrs. to attend 2 days again. If not for Gigi, we would've been done the first day. Hope you can make it Bob :thumbsup:

Glad to hear Jaycen is doing something else, care to share on that bit of news? But just because he's in NYC, doesn't mean that Nick(DB97) can't have a booth. Since it was his booth that he and Jaycen have been sharing up until this years con. But since they jacked up the prices on the dealers before they even finished up last years show, that might have something to do with it too. Hopefully Nick or Jaycen will stop by when they get a chance and explain what they're up to.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info Reid, much appreciated. I had pm'd him, but I'm sure he's swamped trying to keep track of things and find time to eat and sleep. Just a heads up for those attending the show, my wife and I'll will most likely be there Saturday only. While it's a great show, it's going to take a year or so before it becomes Comicon big. Hope to see some folks there :D

I'm there Saturday as well.

I printed out my Secret Six minimate designs and I'm going to give them to Gail Simone, and hopefully I can get a Feedback drawn up to give him.

I'm all for meeting some of you - I've got a group of 8 I'll be kind-of rolling with (it's too cumbersome to keep a group together, so we're just gonna do our own thing, I think).

I'm hunting autographs from Feedback (hopefully I can snag a DVD of Who Wants To Be A Superhero and get him to sign it), Gail Simone, Frank Cho, Michael Avon Oeming, and Bill Crabtree. Maybe the Farscape peeps too.

Well, I'll be on of the 1000 bald guys with a Batman messenger bag(just like last year :P). But on the plus side, few of them have a Minimate version of themselves. So if you see either me or the Mrs. please feel free to say hey. Worse case scenerio, security is called or you make a new friend :D

All righty then, let's aim at meeting in the big blank area between concessions and giveaways. (See floor map at http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/showfloor.php ) On Saturday at, say 10:30, which gives people time to get in the door and snag some SWAG.

Also, what say any one interested PM me your cell phone number. I'll gather them together and re-PM everyone a compiled list later tonight.

All righty then, let's aim at meeting in the big blank area between concessions and giveaways. (See floor map at http://www.emeraldcitycomicon.com/showfloor.php ) On Saturday at, say 10:30, which gives people time to get in the door and snag some SWAG.

Also, what say any one interested PM me your cell phone number. I'll gather them together and re-PM everyone a compiled list later tonight.

Works for Me

Yeah, me too. Hopefully we can get out the door and there before the doors open. Look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow.

I have to apologize that I didn't get a chance to meet with everyone. Unfortunately do to a late start, we didn't get there until around 11am and I forgot my phone :rolleyes: Which had everyone's phone numbers that I was supposed to meet up with. Not to mention that we were watching a friend of our's son from Noon until we left. He had a blast and picked up some new SW stuff for cost.