UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Many Faces of Peter Parker

drgnrbrn316

Ok, I was just blowing the dust off of an old Spider-Man handbook from 2004, and for Spidey's profile under aliases, they list the ones from the identity crisis (Dusk, Richochet, Hornet, Prodigy), his transformed identities (Spider-Hulk, Spider-Morphosis) plus the Captain Universe guise. But where exactly did he use the Black Marvel identity, the Green Hood identity, or Mad Dog 336? I can guess that Green Hood is probably...well, this, but what about the other two?

Ah, so Mad Dog wasn't so much a costume variation or identity change so much as an inmate number for when he was in the nut house.

I managed to find some info on Green Hood. Apparently, this one took place before the identity crisis that spawned Hornet, etc. He was at a party, had to fight Mr. Hyde but didn't have his costume. (Amazing Spider-Man #433)

I'm wondering if Black Marvel isn't some sort of mistake. I know the Black Marvel was the one that passed on the costumes to the Slingers, but I can't find anything about Spidey ever wearing that label/costume.