UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Dark Tower

maxcarnage

As of late I have been really into Stephen King, especially his Dark Tower series. And with the coming of the Gunslinger Comic Book, I was just wondering if anyone else out there was excited for it. Also if there is any King fans out there that also have room in their heart for minimates. Personaly I think Dark Tower Minimates would be the coolest think, it will never happen but I can still dream.

While I would love to see Gunslinger Minimates, I don't know about the comic just yet? I've read a few of the books and was kind of hoping King was at least plotting the story and then someone would finish it up. But just like Star Wars and many other franchises out there, I'm always leery of stories that have to explain things to me.

The comic is coming from Marvel. Jae Lee was attached to it last I'd heard.

Here's a review of the 1st issue.

I really lost interest in The Dark Tower series. The long delays between, what 4 & 5 (iirc) is what killed it for me. I understand he was working on other books, recovering from the accident, etc, but when I'm reading a series, I'd like it to not take 20 years to read all the books as they're released. (That said, Robert Jordan and his Wheel of Time series isn't much better IMO. I finished the most recent book and feel like I have to go back and re-read all the previous ones to remember who all thekey players were.)

I did finish reading Cell recently (like November-ish) and it was a decent book. Seemed like it was a 'made for TV'-ish concept.

Books 1-4 of Dark Tower were fantastic. 5-7 were awful and spoiled the previous 4. Such a shame, it could have been one of the best series of novels ever. That hillbilly truck driver has a lot to answer for.

I hate the way he

inserted both himself and the accident into the story

. There's no way he'd intended to do that before the accident. I've got no desire to ever read a Stephen King book again. Prior to the last three DT books I'd considered myself a fan. (not his greatest fan though) ;)