UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Both Cylons in the BSG comic

In the modern comic of Battlestar Galactica, the Galactica came across a fleet of classic cylon raiders (issues 4-5). They held classic style cylons. Apparently these old-school cylons did not learn and evolve as the modern cylons did. They are actually still protectors of the humans, and know so much as to go after the human based cylons like Boomer. This should get intersting when the two styles of cylons actually meet.

In any words, if you needed a better reason, go ahead and mix your modern and classic collection, and let the battle begin.

Interesting you say that. The mix is something different. The comic I've quite enjoyed eventhough some of it is a mystery to me that I still cannot understand. We'll see where the story leads us to. I believe they'll eventually turn against the humans or die protecting them.

That sounds pretty cool, maybe I should pick up the comic, some Cylons, and the new modern 2 packs coming soon. Man I'm really starting to like Battle Star Galactica, I gotta start collecting these MiniMates! :tongue:

...:::Halo11701:::...

I wonder if DST was privy to this information. It could be the reason why we got the classic Cylons in the first place, since all other "classic" plans are called off.

I like the idea that the "old guys" are still around. It gives more realism to the series. Hell, I know someone who is still using a 486 PC with 64MB of RAM. Surely, people wouldn't throw out their old Cylon if he still does the job...

In the modern comic of Battlestar Galactica, the Galactica came across a fleet of classic cylon raiders (issues 4-5). They held classic style cylons. Apparently these old-school cylons did not learn and evolve as the modern cylons did. They are actually still protectors of the humans, and know so much as to go after the human based cylons like Boomer. This should get intersting when the two styles of cylons actually meet.

In any words, if you needed a better reason, go ahead and mix your modern and classic collection, and let the battle begin.

It is something of a mystery to me as well. I am having a little trouble with the continuity of the comic to the show. I think it would be pretty cool to see the classic cylons show up on the tv show as well. They could even be CG, and then we could see some pretty cool fight scenes in space and on the ships.

• 4 weeks later...

In the 2003 mini series wasn't there a deactivated Cylon Centurion in a museum or something similar?

Haven't seen too many episodes but I've read online that they occasionally refer to them in the current TV show. I think in the mini series Tigh, or six refers to the chrome toasters.

In the 2003 mini series wasn't there a deactivated Cylon Centurion in a museum or something similar?

Haven't seen too many episodes but I've read online that they occasionally refer to them in the current TV show. I think in the mini series Tigh, or six refers to the chrome toasters.

Well they all call them "toasters". In the miniseries, Six stated that "those models still have their uses", implying that those olders models are still used in some form or fashion.

The Caprica spinoff show should shed some more light on the original Cylons.