UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Other AA product - non minimate related

Recently I've seen AA's attempt at Speed Racer's Mach 5 in stores. I've looked at it a few times. I always pick it up, check it over and eventually put it back. At $49.99, it's WAY over priced IMO. Resaurus' Mach 5 was just as good and IIRC, cost about $20 less at retail.

On the other hand, I really want the DST/AA Silver Surfer statue. I wasn't impressed when I first saw it, but after seeing finished pics, I'm seriously tempted. I'm not even that big of a SS fan, but this statue really caputures the character. I think it's the fact that it is chromed - where other Surfer related items I've seen have been silver paint. The chrome really sets it apart IMO.

Madballs - I doubt we'll ever see these....

Jump Tribe - checked the Magic 8 ball - it says the future looks bleak.

Napster - whatever happened to this line?

On the other hand, I really want the DST/AA Silver Surfer statue. I wasn't impressed when I first saw it, but after seeing finished pics, I'm seriously tempted. I'm not even that big of a SS fan, but this statue really caputures the character. I think it's the fact that it is chromed - where other Surfer related items I've seen have been silver paint. The chrome really sets it apart IMO.

You do realize that the surfboard is WAY off? I wanted a chromed SS statue too but this one has his board terribly wrong. SS never had fins on his board and the front is always rounded. I love the design and pose, but the board killed it for me.

You do realize that the surfboard is WAY off? I wanted a chromed SS statue too but this one has his board terribly wrong. SS never had fins on his board and the front is always rounded. I love the design and pose, but the board killed it for me.

Nope. :D Like I said - I've never been a big SS fan and I was only looking at the character - not the board. (I'm not much of a Marvel-ite to be honest. Beyond Cap, FF, Spidey, Hulk & the old Claremont era Xmen, my knowledge of Marvel is pretty pitiful. I know the characters, but details like the fins on his board would be lost on me.) Maybe it is going to be like this in the upcoming FF movie?

On a side note, I did find a Bowen chromed SS, but I'm not willing to pay $600+ for the damn thing...

Is $50 the MSRP for the Mach 5? My local f.y.e. store has it for $35.

It's too bad we haven't heard anything on the Madballs. When that license was announced there seemed to be a fair amount of interest on the toy boards. It sounded like there were lots of people that would get behind this line. Madballs also seems like a product that would go over well at mass, which is where AA keeps saying they want to be. Of course if mass isn't buying, I don't know what AA can do.

On a side note, I did find a Bowen chromed SS, but I'm not willing to pay $600+ for the damn thing...

Same here. Hard Hero & Bowen are the only two to do a decent SS. The board SS uses in the new movie is the same as the one in the comics. Rounded ends and no fins.

I think the best SS statue out there is the Hard Hero version, but its not chromed. There has been speculation that Hard Hero will release a chromed version of their statue, but its not been openly confirmed by HH.

silversurferstatue3.jpg

That's how much it was at Suncoast and another store I found it at (don't remember where unfortunately - might have been a LCS) so I'm assuming that's the SRP.

It's too bad we haven't heard anything on the Madballs. When that license was announced there seemed to be a fair amount of interest on the toy boards. It sounded like there were lots of people that would get behind this line. Madballs also seems like a product that would go over well at mass, which is where AA keeps saying they want to be. Of course if mass isn't buying, I don't know what AA can do.

I think that's the problem entirely. AA hasn't been able to establish themselves consistently at mass. Beyond 'mates at Target and TRU, they're a specialty only company. Last product prior to that was....Tony Hawk IIRC? (Correct me if I'm wrong - I honestly don't remember.)

That's how much it was at Suncoast and another store I found it at (don't remember where unfortunately - might have been a LCS) so I'm assuming that's the SRP.

You know I was talking to the guy at my Suncoast today and he told me that the price for the Mach 5 was a whopping $135! :blink:

I told him it had to be a typo somewhere. Neither of us could believe it and he said he was going to get one until he saw that.