UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Darktide did we buy it?

TBT!

Darktide, how well did it do and how many did we buy?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Did you Buy Darktide?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you did buy it, did you buy more than one?

• None
    • Only 1
    • 2-5
    • More than 5? (yes JL I'm looking at you! )
  3. 3. Where did you buy it?

• Mass Market, Target... etc
    • Local comic store...
    • Online store.. AFX etc
    • Secondary Market.. Ebay etc..
  4. 4. Did you encourage any non-minimate collector to buyers into picking this up?

• Yes
    • No
    • Gave as a gift?

I bought a set for myself and one for my little brother. The movie was pretty good, though a bit hokey at times. I too was disappointed that Juggernaut didn't come with the chest piece he was shown with in the movie, but not surprised.

Overall, my only real complaint is that these mates feel more like the cheaper C3 minimates rather than the normal plastic we're used to. And I think they glued Wolverine's hands in or something, because I literally tore one of his hands off trying to pull it off.

So, my vote: a good marketing idea and approached in a pretty good way, but it felt more like a missed opportunity in releasing variant mates. A better set would have seen New X-Men Beast, Angel, and Storm, plus a bulked up Juggernaut. With close to 15 Wolverines floating around already, did we really need another face for him?

Just wanted to give everyone a little FYI, especially if your looking for trade or custom fodder. Not sure about everywhere else, but my local Target has clearanced the Darktide set. I believe it was maybe 50% off? I only noticed this at one Target though, so you might want to look around. I wouldn't worry about Minimates being at Target in the future either. Since they seem to clearance things when a reset in their toy area is about to happen.

I am the Scrooge of collecting, sometimes it's bane, sometimes it's boon :P Since I'm trying to encourage retailers to carry Minimates in their stores, I try to get a set everytime I'm there. Once I get a chance, I'm sure I'll be updating my Minimates in my Have List :D My problem right now is I'm on a virtual toy embargo thanks to the trip. :angry: Unfortunately, there are some cool things screaming BUY ME!!

I paid the full 15.00 and shipping off AFX as a preorder. I only bought one set.

Dissapointed at the ridiculous short run time of the movie, and crappy selection of variants. A Juggernaunt with a Big chest would have been standard. but that's not the penny pinching rejects at Marvel's way.

At least they didn't just include 4 wolverines with slight facial variations. *sigh*

Make mine DC for now!

Just bought mine last night. It was on sale for $7.48 at Target. I just couldn't see paying $15 for a short movie and 4 reissues with different faces. For half price, it's not so bad.

Could be worse, you could be paying $30 for 7 reissues with different paint scheme. Oh wait...