UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

All Star Superman

rickyroma

All Star Superman isn't that bad... It feels like a Silver age book in a way. Just seems like kind of a simpler, older story.

All Star Batman isn't worth the paper it's printed on... Seriously. Miller's lost it. The story is horrible and incoherent. Lee's art isn't even that great on it. It just seems like another little Batman story that Miller shit out and DC went for...

All Star Superman isn't that bad... It feels like a Silver age book in a way. Just seems like kind of a simpler, older story.

All Star Batman isn't worth the paper it's printed on... Seriously. Miller's lost it. The story is horrible and incoherent. Lee's art isn't even that great on it. It just seems like another little Batman story that Miller shit out and DC went for...

Well put!

B)

I said this over at t'other place but I'll say it here too cos it needs to be said.

If All-Star Superman came out monthly it would be the best American Comic Book currently being published.

Morrison/Quietly... You can't get better than that. Millar/Hitch are close. Whedon/Cassaday are close. Ellis/Cassaday are close too.

Lee/Miller are about as far away as it's possible to get.

Well put. I remember when books weren't late. I could set a watch by when I was expecting the new Warlord, Power Pack or Blue Devil to be at the Grocery Store... Yes, I do remember when they used to sell comics in grocery stores... Wonderful, Squeaky Spinner-Rack and all...

Audible Sigh...

• 3 weeks later...

Well crap... I can't seem to find my copies, but I think they're only on issue 3 or 4...

Jimmy Olsen was just in the newest issue. It was pretty cool.

I really do like this book. It's such a fun read.

Addition:

I found it. Issue 4 is the newest. Just came out a couple weeks ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I've never read a regular Superman title or owned a Superman trade. I've read some JLA, read the whole death and rebirth stuff from many years ago, but that's as far as it goes. Superman on his own just isn't all that.

But I love All Star Superman. It's a fun read every single issue. Even when stupid Jimmy Olsen's the focus.

Thumbs up!