UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How was your 2006?

Danny

The first 2/3 of this year really blew. Nothing was going right for me, and I found myself hating life for the most part.

Lots of family problems, the worst of which being my decision to end my 10+ year marriage after four torturous years trying to make it all work. (9/9 would have been 11 years) That's a lot of time and effort invested, but I walk away confident that I stuck it out a lot longer than most would have. No regrets.

I hope I don't jinx myself, but the past couple months have seen the turning of the tide. I'm down to 217 pounds, only 2 pounds from my goal :) , after weighing a very unimpressive looking 301 in early 2004. I feel better physically and emotionally than I have in many years. I see my children as often as I can, and they know that I love them more than anything in this world. I have a job that I enjoy. The pay isn't the greatest, but I get by. My car isn't cool and fancy, but it gets me where I need to go. Life is good and I hope to carry the momentum over into 2007.

My motto:

Have the courage to change the things you can, the strength to accept the things you cannot, and the wisdom to recognize the difference. :)