UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What's good in Seattle, WA?

Amazing.JL

Well I'm unexpectedly leaving to Seattle soon and will be there next week for a few days.

Being a workaholic and having two jobs for almost for my entire employment life (14 yrs) I really don't take extended vacation time. Usually it takes a little to get used to when I take a day off. :P

This time I'm forced to have to take 2.5 weeks off :blink: Does anyone have any good suggestions of where to go and places to see? What are the hot spots and good places to eat? Any assistance is appreciated.

AJL, what exactly are you looking to do while your there? Kirby suggestion is spot on, as the EMP has something for just about everyone. My wife and I went there for the first time when they had the 40th Anniversary of Star Trek. Anyway, depending on where your staying in the area, between Kirby, Cappy, Resurrection Bob and myself, we can give you some tips on where to go. Another nice place is the Space Needle and Palisades restaraunts, both are a little on the pricey side, but the view is gorgeous from either place. Shoot me a pm if you have any questions, more than happy to help.

Thanks Kirby and Dontser for the info. Yeah I'm basically looking for tourist places, restaurants, and some pubs. I'll definitely stop by the Space Needle, EMP, Sci-Fi museum tomorrow. Will look into the Palisades restaurants too.

For a couple of days I'm staying at Ft. Lewis then a few in Seattle.

Thanks a lot guys. :)

It's not any kind of a tourist attraction, but if you find yourself near the Wal-Mart in Renton (which is somewhat between Ft. Lewis and Seattle), Jimmy Mac's Road House is one of my favorite restaurants. Good food, burgers served on hubcaps, and peanut shells all over the floor. Other than that, I think the others have given you good suggestions.

Well, your definately in our neck of the woods for a few days. I was actually stationed up at Ft. Lewis 13 years ago :blink: Do you have family up here or is it just hanging out, regardless, would love to meet for drinks and put face to the name, depending on when your up here. I'll shoot you a pm the closer it comes to you getting up here.

The beauty of the EMP deal is many tourist sites are all located close to each other, in the Seattle Center (EMP, Sci-Fi museum, Space Needle...)

I'd also stongly recommend the Underground Seattle Tour, it's fascinating stuff for us geek types. What else? I hear that ferry boats are fun for tourists (me, I grew up commuting on them, so they're not so special).

And if you have the time, just get out and see the mountains and/or Puget Sound. Mt Ranier is a pretty quick drive out from Ft Lewis.

So... when exactly is this trip? Would you be interested in a meet-up? I can vouch that Donster's no scarier in person than on the board. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Been so busy I haven't had a chance to respond...lol

Well I was really hoping for a quick meet up as well but wasn't able to get on-line since my last post because of a jumpy router at the hotel. Hopefully next year with better planning we can meet up. I'm planning to go back next year and stop by Vancouver,Can as well. It was really last minute. I got back about a week ago.

I was going for both a friend and business so it worked out. Thanks a bunch guys for all the suggestions. I was able to go to the Ft. Lewis Military Museum, Space Needle, Science, Sci-Fi Museum, EMP, a few Malls, Took the Underground Tour, Went by the shops by the warf, 1st Ave, Bars, caught the Hawks game and a couple other places.

Yes I experienced the traffic/weather after the game on I-5, seeing chained up tires brought back memories from when we used to in Chicago. :) Overall I had a great time and really enjoyed it. :) Hope I'll meet some of you next time I'm there. Thanks again guys. B)