UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Oh the Humanity!

MiniMage

My local comic book shop is just a pain sometimes. Now Minimates are already rare to come by in the Philippines, I can only name 3 places that get them regularly and 2 places where we get Minimates from the early days (X Men Dark Tide, Wave 9, etc. etc.). My local comic book shop only sells the Variant WITH the entire set. So say you wanna buy wave 47 you can get everything but the Brood Infected Wolverine. Now of course you can get the variant off ebay but some people just don't have the money for extra shipping. And now I just heard a rumor they're not even getting the WALKING DEAD LCS Wave 1.

Collective lament!

It's pretty hard to get Minimates in Germany. The only LCS getting Minimates at all (no Marvel, just some movie themed ones) closed in summer. The internet tells me there are about five comic shops selling Minimates in their web shops and those are crazy expensive. 15 Euros (19 US$) for a regular 2pack is what they usually charge. And you don't really get exclusives. There are only a few sets on German ebay besides some rare Minimates from the early days which are way overpriced, so I usually got to ebay.co.uk or ebay.com. But since you have to pay custom fees for importing stuff from outside Europe getting 'mates can be pretty expensive. But with Luke coming up, there was A New Hope. Well, not hope, things got a lot easier with his store. And there's always you guys. ;)