UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Background Thread

Jeff

Did a quick search- there doesn't appear to be a thread that's devoted entirely to just background images for minimates. So, I thought I'd start one. I'm thinking along the lines of those great painted background images from the various cartoons over the years- free of any characters or other objects, I wanted to start a collection of images for newbies and vet's alike. Feel free to post any images you think fit the criteria. I own the FF and X-Men dvds and plan to skip thru those to see what I can find.

First up, in anticipation of the new FF set, I'll be posting an image of the Mole Man's lair....hopefully. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's perfect! Do you own it? Could you scan it in?

Here's a couple screenshots from just one episode of the FF toon. Looks like I'll have plenty to keep me busy:

branch.jpg

rockfloor.jpg

diamondrocks.jpg

diamonds.jpg

molelair.jpg

I figure you could print these out and using clear standee pieces from any board game you could make some really cool minimate displays. I'm going to play around with mine- I'm currently using the display crystal clear display cases from hobby lobby. I'll have to scale them in photoshop.

Edited by Jeff

Oh, looks like I misread your intent here. You meant physical, print-'em-out-feel-'em-with-your-hands-in-the-real-world type backgrounds. Not bits-n-photons-makin'-pretty-pictures type backgrounds. Sorry about that, I'll go back to my hidey-hole now.