UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Corinthian Pro-Stars

I got a few. Mostly the Arsenal squad (my team) Wright, Adams etc before moving onto the wonderful side of Henry and Pires. I had a bit of a thing for Italian football when I was a kid too, so had Batistuta, Totti and a few others of that era.

Who do you remember having? And who's your team?

Edited by UK Collector

y'know... this is a thread I never expected to see on the multiverse. Just a few months ago I sold hundreds and hundreds of these guys, loved them as a boy. Used to play with them like subbuteo.

Oh UK... Arsenal fan? For shame :tongue:

I had every single figure for Spurs and Arsenal, some United, Liverpool and Chelsea. I had about a hundred England players, starting with the Euro 96 team (my first ever Pro-Star was David Platt... long before they started calling them Pro-Stars), and the 1966 team.

I also collected Holland, France, Ajax, as well as having a load of legends... Pele, etc.

Crickey, all nostalgic now. Only kept a couple as I really don't have the room. Recently bought up a load of the Spurs micro-stars... and customising the guys they never stuck in the right shirt (a Newcastle Parker and a Chelsea Gallas, etc).

I had the complete 96 Man United Team as well as some of the Away kits. I too had a lot of other teams as well. Living in the states my friends thought they were a little weird. Now I have them in little zip lock bags in my attic (wife's instructions). Still looking for a couple out there like

Matt Le Tessier

Jaap Stam

Henry

Junihio

Ravineli

Stuart Pearce

David Ginola

Vinnie Jones

Did the company that made these go out of business.

Also if anybody is looking for a good home for theirs let me know. You can send them to a lovely retirement home in Alabama.

They discontinued them, only a couple of years ago. For the last couple of years, they pretty much stopped making the normal guys and focused on the MicroStars (about half the size)