UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

End of Ben 10 Ultimate Alien?

Webhead

So I'm catching up with Ben 10 Ultimate Alien and saw a preview for Ben 10 Omniverse. So I guess this installment is ending and they are reverting back to a younger Ben? Ugh don't get me wrong I liked Ben 10 but loved the Alien Force and Ultimate Alien versions better.

Edit: ah now I see that it's still an older ben but he goes back in time so the younger one will be in it. Not sure I like the new animation though.

Edited by Webhead

Basically, yeah. As long as Kevin and Gwen stay main characters, it's all good for me. The back-and-forth between the three of them is part of what keeps the show watchable for my wife and I. (Unlike, say Yu-Gi-Oh or some of the other junk out there) Art style... jury is still out.

<br />Basically, yeah. As long as Kevin and Gwen stay main characters, it's all good for me. The back-and-forth between the three of them is part of what keeps the show watchable for my wife and I. (Unlike, say Yu-Gi-Oh or some of the other junk out there) Art style... jury is still out.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

yeah Kevin and Gwen are great. I especially like the nostalgia nods the creators toss out there at times. Like this season's episode with that garbage monster in the ocean where the FBI agents were skully and mulder ripoffs and the kept referencing Captain Planet. I just finished the 1st part of the final episode and I swear Gwen ran past a familiar red semi with a grey trailer with blue stripes...

and the muscle car has to stay.

From what I can find, the gang are a year older. Gpa Max assigns Ben with a new partner named Rook. Gwen & Kevin are only in a handful of episodes. For some reason, Ben is also accompanying his younger 11-year old self (so as to not mess with 1st series continuity, I guess).

The whole thing makes me go "meh." Ben looks like Shaggy from Scooby Doo & it's cuz the same artist is now designing Omniverse. Gwen still looks sort of pretty, but Kevin now looks like a lumbering neanderthal. Here's a pic from the "preview" trailer:

OmniverseKevin.JPG?transform=rotate(90)&width=450&height=600

Granted, it's night & there are a lot of shadows, but still. To me, he doesn't look anything other than chunky. Maybe dating Gwen has made him fat?? I can't see him still fitting into his muscle car like this, so I figure his car is out. Boo!