UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

ROBOT 13 comic

Bob Harris

I came across the Comic Robot13 a few years ago. It's the story of an amnestic Robot with a human skull as a head under a glass dome in early 20th Century. The story is influenced a lot by Greek mythology (Ray Harryhausen style mythology that is), Mary Shelley's Frankenstein and Jules Verne. The style is darn close to Mike Mignola and very impressive.

foto-robot13-2-09.jpg

I always wanted to do a Minimate custom of him.

I actually met the two guys behind this indie series and their small studio (blacklist) when I was in New York and they are great people! Very nice, very friendly, very talented.

Now here's what I wanna show you. They try to publish the first story arc of Robot 13 as a trade paperback via a kickstarter project. They need 7500$, they already have about 7000 and there are 11 days left. If you like the whole idea and think the comic is awesome (it is!) you can help them out: if you spend 13$, you'll receive a copy of the tpb. That's a fair price I guess. You can spend more money and receive some goodies, it's up to you, but I guess it would be awesome to get this.

Here's the kickstarter link.

(Keep in mind: I won't be responsible for you spending any amount of money and think the comic sucks in the end. :whistling: )