UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Incredible Kickstarter Project

Bob Harris

Just because the kickstarter financing project sometimes pops up here - for example here - I just wanted to tell you about this:

Double Fine Adventure

Tim Schafer - of Monkey-Island-fame - wanted to do a new game but nobody wants to produce a point-and-click-adventure these days. So he started a kickstarter project and wanted to raise 400,000$. It took him 8(!) hours to do so. Right now, 26 days to go, he raised 1,858,101$. :ohmy:

Sometime this internet thing amazes me.

Edited by Bob Harris

Kickstarter uses Amazon to post payments, and it works as an "all or nothing" approach. If the project is successfully funded, the pledges are taken. If the project does not reach the funding goal, no money changes hands. In this case, funding through pledges was reached (and surpassed) so when the project time is up, Amazon will collect the payments.

It's pretty sweet. One of my favorite all time bands just successfully funded their new album through Kickstarter, to amazing results. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fiveironfrenzy/new-five-iron-frenzy-album

I've seen other cool projects on there as well, but I have only pledged on the one so far.