UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Uncanny X-Force

ImABarRoomHero

So I'm really wanting to talk about this. Especially the last ish (18: Dark Angel Conclusion). I for one think this entire series has been amazing so far, and all though I feel there have been better issues, this one was fairly amazing. Also, I want to see what people were thinking about some things....

Do you think that Fantomex cloned Apoc after killing him to kind of "fix" things (with the team)? Or, do you think he misdirected everyone in issue 4 and has just been keeping him in hibernation? Either way, I totally hope we get to see more redneck good guy Apocalypse Genesis.

Sorry, I'm really excited about this series and don't have enough nerd friends to talk to about it..

X-Force is not a book I buy... I usually just read it at the store to keep up with what's going on. But this month, well they had it polybagged. :verymad: I still don't know if they killed Warren or not. (money's on dead)

As to your theories, my guess is the latter.

Spoil away. It'll be after New Years before I see that circle of friends from whom I can borrow a copy. I have never, ever been one to mind spoilers, as often the execution is as, if not more, important than the plot points.

Fantomex and Psylocke square up with Apoco-angel and he rebuttals with wing throwing scissors. He stabs Fantomex through the head with one of his blades thinking he killed him, all though he pierced only one of his brains (I know you aren't a fan, but I love that aspect of Fantomex). At that point Fantomex realizes that shit just got real and calls his robot buddy supervising the "World" while he is out to release his water baby Apocalypse. The scene is great as it shows a rural home in the middle of farm land and inside a teenage Apocalypse is eating breakfast with his loving elderly parents. Uncle Cluster walks in (Fanto's in overall's, complete with trucker cap) and tells him it's time to go. At that point teenage Apoc, now known as Genesis, is reassured he knows what to do. The next panel shows Genesis hurling through the skies and goes at Angel whilst spouting heroic country boy terms such as "Scoundrel" and I believe "Varmant". Warren is not affected by the ploy to mentally anguish nor be physically overtaken by Genesis and he is quickly incapacitated. However, this all did seem to work as now Elizabeth has her turn and assured Warren that she is strong enough to throw down with him just as she impales him with the seed directly through the stomach. Of course, Warren comes to and has no idea what is going on as he lays dying. Now, call me a sap, but the next few panels were some of the most touching pieces of comic writing I had read in years. Basically in the next few seconds Psylocke flies through an entire shared life between the two, from fighting together, to cocktail parties, having children, watching them grow up and finally Warren lying in a bed dying as an old man. Sunfire then sacrifices himself and destroys the citadel so no other world has to experience what his went through. After this the X-Force all meet up, Dethlok proclaims his love for everyone (sorry at the beginning of the ish he has to teach himself how to overcome his body with love to beat out War's hold over him). It's actually a great scene, Fantomex asks him why he's carrying a sack of meat, which Dethlok replies "It is Wade, I picked up every piece of him. I love him, and I love all of you". Just then, a naked Angel walks out of the open field and into Locke's arms knowing absolutely nothing about his past. I kind of felt then end was a cop out, but over all the issue was great. Sorry if this is quite a bit wordy, just hard to sum it all up in a few words.

Only surprise was the cop out you mentioned at the end. But then

Logan needs Warren's money to run the new school. And Warren is too popular to actually suffer the needed consiquences of his actions. A little telepathic anti-amnesia zap, and everything's "back to normal". I assume Warren still has wings?

I wasn't reading this series back when Fantomex shot Kidpocalypse or whatever, so I was a bit confused by this issue at first read, but I did think it was pretty funny that the VR he came up with to train him as a superhero was basically just Clark Kent's childhood... I agree the Betsy/Warren thing was touching, at least until it was immediately undercut a couple of pages later.

After some time to sleep on it,

The Warren "resurection" isn't that surprising. They gave him a healing factor and healing blood a few years ago. So it's natural he "got better". at the end. Of the things done to Warren in the last few years, revealing his wings were still Celestial tech despite their feathery appearance was the cleverest. Improbable, since he'd been examined 6 ways to Sunday over the years and Hank never noticed it before (or at least chose not to mention it), but cool none the less. I doubt they'll go back on that now. And yes, I think Fantomex knew his Clark Kent plan would have never been approved by the others, even if they had some many doubts about killing the boy: it's stuipidly risky. So he misdirected them to believe he shot the boy. I am curious, did Kid-Genesis shape shifting powers, or just strength and resistence to injury?

So carried that Super-analogy all the way through then. I asked because Apocolypse originally only had 2 powers- super-strength and heavy damage resistance. That and grey skin was his mutation. Evenhis vaulted immortality is questionable as natural, after driving Rama Tut from Egypt En Sabah Nur spent a great deal of time trying to understand the technology Rama left behind. From Rama's tech, he learned of the ship left behind by the 2nd Host of the Celestials. It was in using the Celestial tech on himself, and bonding with a suit of Celestial designed armor that he gained his "complete control of his moleculer structure" powers. Mr. Sinister ended his service to Apocolypse in the 19th century by infecting the ancient mutant with a virus, which has been described as being like the T/O virus. Though Nur was greatly weakened at first, and forced into hibernation, he eventually mastered the infection completely, augmenting his power. But that augmented power came at a price- Nur was burning out his own body, which is why in the future he wanted Cable as his new host. Point to all of that was that I was curious what powers the clone would display, just Nur's natural mutaion or or his later augmentations. Pre-augmentation, Nur was not shown flying, but wether that meant he couldn't or simplly didn't is another matter.