UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ironman 2 panel Rundown.

Browsing around I found this info on a few websites and its sounds like Ironman 2 is going to be real good.

IGN Link

US, July 25, 2009 - Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment presented hungry fans with their first look at Iron Man 2 today at San Diego Comic-Con. Director Jon Favreau, leading man Robert Downey Jr., and Marvel's movies honcho Kevin Feige talked up the hotly anticipated sequel and publicly screened for the first time footage from the recently wrapped film, which opens May 7, 2010.

The cast also includes Gwyneth Paltrow (as Pepper Potts), Don Cheadle (as future War Machine Jim Rhodes), Scarlett Johansson (as Black Widow), Sam Rockwell (as Justin Jammer), John Slattery (as Howard Stark), Mickey Rourke (as Ivan Vanko, a.k.a. Whiplash), and Samuel L. Jackson (as Nick Fury).

Favreau and Feige showed the crowd a rather generic behind-the-scenes featurette showing quick clips of the cast and crew on-set, the shooting of stunts, and a quick shot of Iron Man in the suit. Not very much to write home about. After all, filming just wrapped a week ago. But that wasn't good enough for one particular Iron Man fan.

Downey walked out on-stage to the shrieks and hollers of the crowd to demand that Feige show the hungry fans better footage than that. (It also helped that he led the crowd in singing "Happy Birthday" to Favreau's son Max.) So Favreau, Downey and Feige then presented some incredibly kick-ass footage from the film (roughly 5 minutes of it). It began with Tony, in his armor but with his mask off, sitting inside the giant rooftop donut sign of a Randy's Donuts shop. As he munches on his donut, a man on the street addresses him. That man is Nick Fury. Cut to inside the donut shop where Fury chats with Tony, who refers to the "super-secret boy band" he keeps pressing him to join. Fury comments that Stark likes to go it alone and then asks how that's working out for him? Stark's muted response says it all.

Cut to Tony testifying before a Senate committee, chaired by Sen. Stern (Gary Shandling). Pepper Potts and Justin Hammer are both there. Stern wants Stark to turn over his Iron Man suit to the government but Tony absolutely refuses. Tony plays to the cameras and the crowd, declaring that he is America's new nuclear deterrent and that he has privatized peace. Then Stern drops a bombshell: he calls Jim Rhodes to testify. Needless to say, Tony tells the senator what he can go do with himself.

We then segue to Vanko in a Russian prison. His cell walls are covered with magazine covers and newspaper articles about Stark. His voice-over reveals that he is out to get Stark for all the deaths that the weapons-manufacturing Stark dynasty have caused. Tony, he says, is a guilty man who is trying rewrite his history by turning himself into a hero. In a dark take on the suit-building scene from the first film, we witness Vanko constructing his Whiplash gear. Cut to Stark being attacked by Whiplash on a racetrack during what it appears to have been a Stark-sponsored racing event. Rourke is chomping on a toothpick as he strides towards Stark, cracking the two electrified whips attached to his arms as he closes in on Stark.

We also see Iron Man under attack from rockets as he flies. The next scene shows Hammer meeting with Rhodey and another military officer. Hammer is giddy to see an Iron Man suit of armor lying on the table before them. Hammer then proceeds to display a series of firearms and asks Rhodey which one he wants to buy. "All of them," Rhodey says grimly before turning and walking away. BAM! The next shot is War Machine in action firing all his weapons. YES, WAR MACHINE IS IN IRON MAN 2!! The footage ended with the film's logo and "2010" across a black screen.

After the footage was screened for the roaring crowd, the panelists were joined by Johansson, Cheadle and Rockwell.

Bottom line: The footage was simply amazing, as fun and funny as anything in the first film. Anyone who may harbor doubts that Iron Man 2 could be another Dead Man's Chest-like overstuffed sequel will have those doubts wiped away once the first trailer and clips from the film are released.

Heres a link of the Ironman 2 panel Q&A Video IM2 Q&A

And here is a very blurry pic of Warmachine IM2 pics Its at the bottom

Edited by MiniFiend UK

Thanks for the link! I certainly hope DST has or gets the license. I'm thirsting for a scarlett johansen/black widow minimate! Also looking forward to the movie of course. It'll be interesting what the come up as the final product. Want them to eventually get to mandarin as a villain in the series of movies.

Want them to eventually get to mandarin as a villain in the series of movies.

First off, you're welcome!! :) As much as i would LOVE to see Iron Man hit the "big baddie from the comics" and have The Mandarin become a villain, i really hope that it's in Iron Man 3 AFTER The Avengers. Personally, i'd have it as:

The end of Iron Man 2; instead of a silly Nick Fury after-credits scene, we get something a little different that you don't have to see for the sequels. A "follower" of the Ten Rings is walking into some sort of tunnel. As he goes deeper and deeper the walls become less cavey and more sanctuary-ish. Then they become totally Oriental and Royal, leading into a throne room. The man addresses himself and is allowed entrance, and then we get a shot of him walking up to a throne, speaking to a man whose left hand is all we see from the throne. He tells him something in a language we don't understand. The man gets angry and has the other killed; the camera spins around, and we get the slightest glimpse of The Mandarin's upper face coming out the shadows as he descends his throne.

I'd love to see something like that; it sets up the plot for Iron Man 3, but you don't have to see it to know what's going on. It's like a teaser. He shouldn't just be around for Iron Man 3 either; i see him as a Darth Vader in this sense; make him the main antagonist for 3, 4, and 5, developing minor villains like Titanium Man and Madame Masque along the way.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Thanks for the link! I certainly hope DST has or gets the license. I'm thirsting for a scarlett johansen/black widow minimate! Also looking forward to the movie of course. It'll be interesting what the come up as the final product. Want them to eventually get to mandarin as a villain in the series of movies.

a scarlett johannsen minimate would be wicked...she was in the spirit minimate form as silken floss aka nazi librarian...what i want to know is my minimates dont have proper chests?