UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bagged blanks and con exclusives

I've finally got a display case for my mates. The problem I'm running into is, how the hell do I display my bagged blanks, con exclusives and prototype stuff? I've looked thru the display thread and it looks like most people prop them up against the back of the display or a box. When I've done that in the past, they end up falling over eventually.

Any other suggestions? (I'm really tempted to open them all at this point out of frustration...)

the few things I have in bags I have in a shadow box and in a scrap book where they are mounted onto the back of the box or onto the page....my battle damaged gold spidey I have in a single figure clear plastic display cube sitting on my entertainment stand...I hand wanted to go the route of Tims awsome display but it was too costly to get them shipped up here so my regular figs are slowly getting moved into the 3 tiered display cases I bought.

Jeff of the Miniacs

I hate this problem. I kept having this. The one solution I had was to put them in a sitting position in their baggies. Thy still fall over, but it takes a lot more to do so. My other solution is to tape the baggies to the wall, like they're trophies. I wouldn't use push pins, and that punctures the plastic.

Ultimately though, my final solution was to open them. I figured I'm only going to sell them ONCE, and that'll be years from now, and by that point people won't care if they're sealed or not. I get so much pleasure out of them that I never even look back. So much so that if I ever acquire Gold/Silver Spidey, there's a good chance I'll open them too.

I use cases like TBT's for my bagged figures. Jonny Lightning makes little 6 car cases that run around $10. Even bagged figures with cardboard headers (Like the Jon Stewart) will fit in there fine. I've no problem with them falling over.

I usually pick them up at TRU when I need a new one. Target's also got them as well as KMart...

Since you asked, though:

http://www.diecastwarehouse.com/Merchant2/...ategory_Code=AC

Looks like I'll be ordering them from here on out. Half price from what I'm paying at BrickNMortar to get them...