UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

star trek waves 4 and 5 revealed

DST have already sold me on waves 4 and 5, totally brilliant.

I was reading comments that if DST wanted to they could drag these waves out for months and years to get full series crews.

I have no problem with this, but I will say that half a crew is no good so I really hope DST commit to this lines as well as buyers.

I can only refer to my disapointment with the DC lines where I have the six of the original seven members of the justice league because martian manhunter was so rare (and only C3 release.) Now the DC line has been cancelled and my chances of getting him are next to nothing.

So please DST make sure you give us the full TNG and DS9 crew before you end this line too early.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were to continue to release TOS figures in each wave, what would you like to see? Seems like there are still plenty of character variants & aliens left.

Piece of the Action Kirk and Spock

Mugato

Salt Vampire

Lt. Leslie

Specter of the Gun variants (guns and holsters, dead Chekov)

Thelev, Andorian assassin

Tellarites

Taureans

Romulans

Kirk as a Romulan

Amok Time Kirk & Spock

etc. etc.

Or are most folks on the boards fans of TNG and DS9 primarily?

Don't get me wrong, TOS is geat, but series wise, It's gotta be TNG. For movies, TOS. TNG has one really good movie (First Contact) , but the rest range from pure crap (Generations) to OK (Nemesis)

TOS films, on the other hand, have good films (Star Trek 5), Great films (Star Trek 4) Amazing Films (Star Trek 6) And films that deserve tobe amongst the pantheon of film Gods (Of course, I'm referring to the legendry Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan. ALL HAIL KHAN!) Also you have the annoying films like Star Trek the Motion(less) Picture (where they haven't learned that a movie does not equal a very freaking long episode of a TV Show) and The Search for Spock (which had no point but to make Star Trek 4 possible. Star Trek without a Spockish character is not true Star Trek)

So there you go, TNG is the best series and TOS the best movies. Wow, that was quite the novel.

I grew up watching the Original Trek and the Mego Star Trek characters and bridge set were some of my favorite toys... however, most of the recent toy lines exploit the principal casts with endless variations, with few supporting characters or aliens - I really hated that I could never get a complete crew set of the Mego characters and the aliens were impossible to find (I remember getting so frustrated when a friend spread the rumor that you could get Chapel, Sulu and Chekov Mego characters in Europe, but not the US) I'd really rather see the waves focus on what made Star Trek unique... strange new worlds (that means cool aliens). There was nothing strange or new about Kirk dressing up as a Nazi, Chicago gangster, Native American or old-west Sheriff... I would agree that one of the signatures of TOS was low budget, and raiding props and costumes from other movies is about as signature trek as you can get - but I have no interest in collecting that type of character

Besides the Rand & Chapel characters, I could see a few classic aliens (andorian, romulan) and Maybe Kyle (to get one of the guys in the work coverall)... but I think I'm at a point where I'd rather see other, unique characters from other casts (or movie uniforms) before getting crazy with the Amok Time, Piece of the Action, City on the Edge of Forever variations of the principal cast... I could have lived without the Gladiator Kirk from this last wave and woul have really preferred to see something better than the Dress Uniform Variants that also populated the wave.

If we were to see any more TOS stuff, these would be my priorities (in no particular order):

Andorian

Tellarite

Romulan

Salt Vampire

Transporter Chief Kyle

Disposable Red Shirt Guy

Koloth

Battle Damaged Commodore Decker

Bele/Loki

Talosian

Ruk

And, under no circumstances, would I ever wanter to see "Dance with Wolves" Kirk in Native American attire.... though I probably rethink my stance on "alternative versions" if we saw a few of the characters in the silver, walking-TV-Dinner Spacesuits.

I'm at the same place with all of the other franchises as well... give me one set of the crew with some of the secondary characters (Barclay, Ogawa etc) and lots and lots of aliens. Pass on Picard as Dixon Hill or Troi as a Romulan or All-good-things Data and the like. TO DST's credit, wave 4 & 5 look like a good start in that direction

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe that they're moving on to TNG and DS9 before giving us a TOS Romulan, Salt Vampire, or Lt. Arex.

Personally a really great move for DST. Instead of bogging the line down they've really opened it up. I see waves 4 and 5 selling like crazy which will only up the avenue for even more waves, where I reckon a couple of more waves of TOS would leave those store shelves pretty warm.

• 2 weeks later...

Capt Picard! FINALLY!

I'm freaking thrilled! And I'll be even more freaking thrilled when I behead and behand Sisko and creat movie Picard.

Although I may use the spare Prof X head I have for that one, I dunno yet.

But I'm jazzed that DST has finally hit the 24th century. Can't wait to see Riker and the rest of the Enterprise crew. And of course we know that DST will most likely do a variant early season/Insurrection love machine Riker :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
It looks like the torso is built up to represent the high collars of the uniforms.

Still just looks like a ring around the neck to me.

Yep, just looks like a ring to me as well. What a great place to put those little gold command pips. That'll make it super easy to customize the lower ranks.

I have only been buying complete sets, no extras (yet), but may have to start stocking up!

I've been very conflicted about whether to get into the 2" Star Trek mates or not. I'm still not quite sure, but I'll definitelly be picking up atleast one of the Sisko packs from series 5. As they make more Next generation characters I'll probably get a few of those too, I'm too young to have an attachment to any of the 60's characters, but I did go through a next generation phase as a kid. I'd most likely get Geordi, Worf, Riker, and Data. And if they made those, of course I'd have to pick up the upcoming Picard mate aswell.