UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

skrull invasion Disscussion

Aapje

Hmmmmm...

I read something interesting on the CBR news involving the Initiative.

We're 7 issues into the series now and you'd think that War Machine would have took his face plate off atleast once by now!?

Unless it's hiding his... SKRULL face!!!!???

In the Initiative Annual #1, we get a confirmation that a Skrull is indeed active in Camp Hammond, but no indication as to who it may be. I'm still inclined not to think that Hank could be the Skrull, given his replacement in the recent past by Hulkling. Justice's seeming relationship with Ultragirl and sense of pride in the New Warriors and his search for answers in MVP's circumstances make it unlikely for him to be a Skrull as well. So your only major players in Camp Hammond would be War Machine, Baron von Blitzschlag, and Henry Peter Gyrich. Of the three, Baron von Blitzschlag is unlikely because A) he carries with him too much involvement in the Super Soldier program from WWII, and B) his involvement and affection for the Scarlet Spiders makes it hard to believe he's trying to undermine the world. So that leaves Rhodey and Gyrich. War Machine hasn't shown his face since the start of the Initiative, only wearing the armor. It could simply be that he is doing as all the other heroes on site and just keeping his costume on, or it could be that he is hiding something. At the same time, he has shown a great deal of frustration whenever anyone starts to undermine his authority. This could simply be a man defending his position or a mole trying to protect his seat of power before his plan reaches fruition. Then there's Gyrich. Not a stranger to super hero antics, Gyrich is your typically shadowy figure with hidden agendas. He also doesn't carry a great deal of notoriety in front of the camera, so he would be easy to replace. He's one of the people responsible for the Shadow Initiative, which could easily be used to clear a path for some other unseen projects, such as placing other Skrulls in power elsewhere.

So, Gyrich or War Machine? Place your bets.

In the Initiative Annual #1, we get a confirmation that a Skrull is indeed active in Camp Hammond, but no indication as to who it may be. I'm still inclined not to think that Hank could be the Skrull, given his replacement in the recent past by Hulkling. Justice's seeming relationship with Ultragirl and sense of pride in the New Warriors and his search for answers in MVP's circumstances make it unlikely for him to be a Skrull as well. So your only major players in Camp Hammond would be War Machine, Baron von Blitzschlag, and Henry Peter Gyrich. Of the three, Baron von Blitzschlag is unlikely because A) he carries with him too much involvement in the Super Soldier program from WWII, and B) his involvement and affection for the Scarlet Spiders makes it hard to believe he's trying to undermine the world. So that leaves Rhodey and Gyrich. War Machine hasn't shown his face since the start of the Initiative, only wearing the armor. It could simply be that he is doing as all the other heroes on site and just keeping his costume on, or it could be that he is hiding something. At the same time, he has shown a great deal of frustration whenever anyone starts to undermine his authority. This could simply be a man defending his position or a mole trying to protect his seat of power before his plan reaches fruition. Then there's Gyrich. Not a stranger to super hero antics, Gyrich is your typically shadowy figure with hidden agendas. He also doesn't carry a great deal of notoriety in front of the camera, so he would be easy to replace. He's one of the people responsible for the Shadow Initiative, which could easily be used to clear a path for some other unseen projects, such as placing other Skrulls in power elsewhere.

So, Gyrich or War Machine? Place your bets.

but could it be that one of major the recuits is a skrull?

but if i had to choose id pick warmachine cause he doesnt shows his face

srry for the double post but this is what i found on comicscontinuum.com

probably a good skrull update on the initiative

It could be perceived as Skrully," Slott said of all the new faces in the book. In Initiative #8, readers will learn the existence of one new Skrull on the base -- but maybe not in the way you think. A big Skrull reveal will happen in the Annual.

Slott said there will be multiple Skrull reveals in The Initiative. "They will come from all kinds of angles," he said

so maybe theres a friendly

and a hint of warmachine and yellowjacket

Jim Rhodes begins to realize in #7 that perhaps his role isn't what he though it was going to be, Slott said, noting that readers have not seen War Machine's face plate lifted yet.

In #8, Slott said Yellowjacket will make "one of the worst decisions in his super-hero life" that will have "horrible repercussions" that lead into "Killed in Action."

here's the link

One of the Skrulls referenced in that article is Crusader, who used to run with Freedom Ring before his unfortunate demise.

As far as hidden Skrulls though, at face value, we should be able to trust MVP, the Scarlet Spiders, Armory, and Hardball, based entirely on their history revealed in Annual #1. I'm inclined to think Cloud 9 is also not a Skrull, based loosely on her exploits on the team. Komodo and Slapstick are suspect, due to their shape changing abilities, but Slapstick's beat down on Gauntlet may suggest otherwise for him.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the Skrulls referenced in that article is Crusader, who used to run with Freedom Ring before his unfortunate demise.

As far as hidden Skrulls though, at face value, we should be able to trust MVP, the Scarlet Spiders, Armory, and Hardball, based entirely on their history revealed in Annual #1. I'm inclined to think Cloud 9 is also not a Skrull, based loosely on her exploits on the team. Komodo and Slapstick are suspect, due to their shape changing abilities, but Slapstick's beat down on Gauntlet may suggest otherwise for him.

well ive seen on wiki that Alex hayden AKA Agent x who is the now fat founder of Agency X who is recently in the Cable/Deadpool comics is a skrull too, they removed from the invasion site it but its still his wiki page AGENT X

• 1 month later...

Almost Totally off topic but amusing, I was looking through back issues and saw this... :)

post-7-1203274603_thumb.jpg

I actually think that they should make Tony a Skrull, he's become too much of a jackass and drifted from the character he's always been.

T.

Almost Totally off topic but amusing, I was looking through back issues and saw this... :)

post-7-1203274603_thumb.jpg

I actually think that they should make Tony a Skrull, he's become too much of a jackass and drifted from the character he's always been.

T.

:lol: haha, thats funny, but i agree he really has changed

but this is kinda off topic and very useless:

iron fist was kinda replaced with a skrull too

when ppl thought iron fist was dead the super skrull replaced him for a time and than attacked namor

I would think that Spider mans a skrull. Bendis said he had been dropping hints as far back as Secret wars, and if anyone remebers when Dare Devil was on his way to his apartment he was saying that He knew peter was there but that it didnt seem like him and that it was probably only his imagination. It would also explain why he had to go back to web shooters.

Also Dr.Strange seems skrully to me. Heres a guy who can turn crap in to boxes yet gets owned by the hulk lol.