UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Backstock

Just wondering does anyone know if TRU ever puts out any backstock?

Based on what I've seen recently, yes. In two of my local stores, they've put out new cases of the Iron Man waves that had AF Rhodes and the drones. If they have room to put them out, I don't think they're gonna just leave them in the stock room.

Is there a particular wave/product you're referring to/looking for?

I'm guessing this is the same question as the one posted in another thread.

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if TRU gets older sets restocked?

In general, TRU and DST do not go back to production on older sets. When it's all out of the warehouse and all gone from the stores, that's it. You might get lucky and find a hidden set buried somewhere or a very long pegwarmer, though.

However, one notable exception is the Ghostbusters line. It had a "Best of" wave that do a second production run of select figures. This was because Ghostbusters was a surprise hit at TRU so they went back and did another run of the early sets to help satisfy the demand. But they weren't always the same exact figure. On the 2nd run clear Slimer, they painted the stomach on the inside block chest but the first one didn't.

In regards to Marvel, it doesn't seem like there would be a "Best of" type line but if other lines are a surprise hit, I don't think it's out of the question.