UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

XBox Live applications?

The_Donster

OK, I have to ask about this because I'm a little confused. I downloaded the Zune application, thinking maybe the wife and I could watch a movie, since it was free. When I sign back on this afternoon all of the movies have points by them. Is there a limited time to download something for free or was I mistaken? Also, are the other applications run on the same points systems? If so, is it worth getting points for these applications or should I be putting the points towards game applications? I'm still trying to get used to this, being new to the Live Community, but I could have swore that being a gold member had some priviledges? Thanks in advance for your input.

Zune is pretty much online movie rentals.

They're instant and run up to 1080p, so is actually all in all a pretty good system.

As a matter of fact more people rented movies online on their 360s last year than ALL OTHER ONLINE VIDEO RENTAL COMPANIES COMBINED. Pretty big talk.

As for other apps... Do you mean like Facebook or twitter? They're free. So is Halo Waypoint. I'm not sure what other apps you're referring to.

As for the gold priviledges... Silver members can't even play online.

There are several other differences, but essentially silver blows.

Thanks for the input Nestle'. I think what blew me away more than anything was it was free, even after I signed up. I go to sleep and get up and now it isn't :confused: I guess I'll just go and pick it up for the wife for Christmas or something at the store. So how does everyone else get their points through Microsoft or the stores? Also, what do you use them for?

First, Zune Marketplace (Formally Video Marketplace) is great. Great quality at the tips of your finger. I still wish they were a little cheaper. I can get the DVD at RedBox for $1 with the speical features, but again for it being at your fingertips without moving from your sofa is nice and the HD quality is flawless!

As for the other Apps, Waypoint, Twitter, Facebook, Netflix, etc. Those are all free for Gold members. Just something you'll want to keep in mind if you use them alot. But, IMO, it's well worth the $50 a year!

And finally, for your points questions. I normally ask for points for any and all events. B-Day, Father's Day, Christmas, Tuesday...... And I will just load them up. But, I also have my Credit Card saved on LIVE so if push comes to shove and I need points for something right that minute I'll buy 400 or 800 points on my card. Also, keep you eyes peeled for sales. Last year, I want to say Aprilish, Target ran the 1600 points cards, regularly $20, for $15 each. That's basically buy 3 get 1 free! That was 6400 points and lastest me a while, so just keep your eyes open.

neo

I normally just use my credit card.

I spend points on gamestuff for the most part.

Y'know, Arcade games and game add ons?

Halo maps & Rock Band songs are the biggest ones.

If you want to see a sweet use of microsoft points though... Check out what my avatar can do. :thumbsup:

Nestle', have I added you to my friends list? I've seen some pretty awesome stuff with the avatars of folks on my friend list. Hell, I just wish I could put a touch of grey in my beard. It's a little less dark auburn as it used to be :lol: