UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Displaying Minimates ???

JoeyCrypts

it's now coming to the point where i have too many minimates to have them all on display, so some of the older ones are getting packed away until i move to a bigger house and have more room for the display. but the ones i am keeping out i'm wanting to display them in a more dynamic way.

I really like the look lof the new minimate playset DST is releasing, but i thinks its a little too expensive for what is essentially cardboard with pretty pictures printed on it. so im wondering if any members know of a site where you are able to download for free sets.

i know of

http://www.worldworksgames.com/store/index.php

but id prefer to not spend quite a bit of money, thanks

Joey

This thread in the "Crisis of Infinite Minimates" section has fairly comprehensive coverage of stuff (including dioramas, display stands, accessories and vehicles) that can be used for Minimates. I know the Worldworks website has already been recommended here a couple of times, and other sites/boardies have also designed their own print-your-own backgrounds for 'mates (or other small figures... it's all in the re-sizing). Some of them are in the Customs forum, I just can't recall exactly who made what :) (Millionaire Playboy and the Art Asylum site might have also had them at one point, again my memory is hazy.)

I'd suggest you have your thread merged with the main Compatibility thread in Crisis so it won't clutter things up too much here in the Marvel section.

I have backdrops you can download for lots of different worlds. I designed them for Playmobil, but they work for Minimates

Free tiling backdrops

You can print out as many as you need, and they all tile horizontally so you can line them up as wide as your shelf.

And I know you've seen my Ghostbusters display

the Star Trek Transporter and the DeLorean sized / Back to the Future Billboard

Mr. Stinkhead